Kid-Konnection Child Development Center
2825 Stony Mill School Road
Danville, VA 24541
Current Inspector: Rebecca Forestier (540) 309-2835
Inspection Date: Nov. 7, 2022
Complaint Related: No
- Areas Reviewed:
8VAC20-780 STAFF QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING.
8VAC20-780 PHYSICAL PLANT
8VAC20-780 STAFFING AND SUPERVISION.
8VAC20-780 SPECIAL CARE PROVISIONS AND EMERGENCIES
8VAC20-780 SPECIAL SERVICES.
8VAC20-770 BACKGROUND CHECKS
20 ACCESS TO MINOR?S RECORDS
22.1 BACKGROUND CHECKS, CODE, CARBON MONOXIDE
63.2 CHILD ABUSE AND NEGLECT
An unannounced monitoring inspection was conducted on 11/07/2022. There were 29 children, ages 6 months-5 years, and 7 staff members present during the inspection. The inspector reviewed compliance in the areas of administration, staff qualifications and trainings, staffing and supervision, physical plant, programs, emergencies and nutrition. The children were observed during outside large motor play, in free choice play and having lunch. The inspector discussed the following: playgrounds, handwashing/diapering, sanitization and emergency requirements. A total of 5 children?s records, 5 staff records and 2 medications were reviewed. The inspector arrived for the inspection at 9:15 am and departed at 12:20 pm.
Information gathered during the inspection determined non-compliance with applicable standards or law and violations were documented on the violation notice issued to the provider.
Standard #: 22.1-289.035-B-4 Description: Based on record review, the center failed to obtain a copy of a criminal history record check and a copy of a child abuse and neglect search from any state in which the individual has resided in the preceding five years.
Evidence: The record for Staff 5 contained documentation that Staff 5 has resided outside of the state of Virginia within the preceding five years. The record for Staff 5 contained a documented hire of 08/30/2021. There was not a copy of a child abuse and neglect search from all of the states in which the individual had resided in the preceding five years available for review during the inspection.
Plan of Correction: Will call to get the information and will request the information.
Standard #: 8VAC20-780-245-J-3 Description: Based on record review and interviews with staff, the center failed to ensure that any child for whom emergency medications have been prescribed shall always be in the care of a staff member who has satisfactorily completed the medication administration training program.
1. Staff 6 and Staff 7 are the only two staff members that have a current training in medication administration.
2. Staff 7 verified that both Staff 6 and Staff 7 leave the center to take children to school and to pick children up from school each day.
3. Staff 7 stated that there is no one on-site that has medication administration training for approximately 5 minutes-15 minutes each day when Staff 6 and Staff 7 leave the center to take children to school and to pick children up from school.
4. There are two children enrolled in the program that have prescription emergency medications on-site.
Plan of Correction: Will review with all staff that only those with MAT can administer medication.
Standard #: 8VAC20-780-510-I Description: Based on document and record review, the center failed to ensure that medication is administered by a staff member who has satisfactorily completed the medication administration training program.
1. Review of the Medication Administration Log for Medication 1 contained documentation that Staff 3 administered Medication 1 on the following dates/times: 09/20/2022 at 9:00 am; 09/21/2022 at 8:00 am; 09/21/2022 at 12:00 pm; 09/21/2022 at 5:00 pm; and 09/22/2022 at 12:00 pm. Staff 3 has not satisfactorily completed the medication administration training program.
2. Review of the Medication Administration Log for Medication 1 contained documentation that Staff 8 administered Medication 1 at 1:00 pm on 09/2022. Staff 8 has not satisfactorily completed the medication administration training program.
3. Staff 7 verified that Staff 3 and Staff 8 do not have training in medication administration.
Plan of Correction: Will get two more staff MAT.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.
Virginia Quality is a voluntary quality rating and improvement system for early care and education facilities serving children ages birth through pre-K. To find programs participating in Virginia Quality, click here.