Children of America (Winchester), LLC
631 West Jubal Early Drive
Winchester, VA 22601
Current Inspector: Amy Tomblin (804) 629-3923
Inspection Date: Jan. 4, 2023
Complaint Related: Yes
- Areas Reviewed:
8VAC20-780 Staff Qualifications and Training.
8VAC20-780 Physical Plant.
8VAC20-780 Staffing and Supervision.
8VAC20-780 Special Care Provisions and Emergencies
8VAC20-770 Background Checks (8VAC20-770)
20 Access to minor?s records
22.1 Background Checks Code, Carbon Monoxide
An unannounced complaint inspection was conducted on 1/4/2022 from 5:10 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. There were 22 children present, ranging in ages from 4 months to 10 years old, with 7 staff supervising. The exit interview was conducted on 1/5/2022. The inspector reviewed compliance in the areas of administration, physical plant, staffing and supervision, programming, medication, special care and emergencies and nutrition.
Information gathered during the inspection determined non-compliance with applicable standards or law and violations were documented on the violation notice issued to the program.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Licensing Inspector at (804) 629-3923.
Standard #: 8VAC20-780-50-A Complaint related: Yes Description: 8VAC20-780-50-A: A2
Based on observation and interview, the center failed to ensure that children's information was treated confidentially.
1. The inspector observed an accessible list of all children?s first and last names on the front desk.
2. The inspector observed seven accessible injury reports on the front desk that contained confidential information.
3. Staff #1 confirmed that these items are regularly kept on the front desk and that they are accessible to all parents.
Plan of Correction: Full names were removed leaving only initials of first or last name. Reports are no longer kept at desk. They remain with the teacher for parent at pick up.
Standard #: 8VAC20-780-550-O Complaint related: Yes Description: Based on observation and interview, the center failed to notify parents by the end of the day of known minor injuries.
1. The inspector observed four injury reports that were not signed by parents and did not indicate that the parents had been informed of the injuries. The injury reports were dated 12/28/2022, 12/27/2022, 12/14/2022 and 12/14/2022.
1. Staff #2 and Staff #1 confirmed that the parents had not signed the reports.
Plan of Correction: Reports were moved the next morning and now kept with the teacher on the class clipboard to give to parents at pick up.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.