AlphaBEST Education, Inc.-Nansemond Parkway Elementary
3012 Nansemond Parkway
Suffolk, VA 23434
Current Inspector: Anita Drewry (757) 404-5261
Inspection Date: Feb. 10, 2023
Complaint Related: No
- Areas Reviewed:
8VAC20-780 STAFF QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING.
8VAC20-780 PHYSICAL PLANT.
8VAC20-780 STAFFING AND SUPERVISION.
8VAC20-780 SPECIAL CARE PROVISIONS AND EMERGENCIES.
8VAC20-780 SPECIAL SERVICES.
8VAC20-770 BACKGROUND CHECKS
8VAC20-820 THE LICENSE.
22.1 BACKGROUND CHECKS CODE; CARBON MONOXIDE
A monitoring inspection was conducted on February 10, 2023. There were twelve children present with four staff supervising. The inspector reviewed compliance in the areas of administration, physical plant, staffing and supervision, programming, medication, special care and emergencies and nutrition. A total of five child records and four staff records were reviewed. Information gathered during the inspection determined non-compliance with applicable standards or law and violations were documented on the violation notice issued to the program.
Standard #: 8VAC20-780-60-A Description: Based on review, facility did not ensure 4 of 5 children's records have documentation of required information.
Evidence: The following was found during record review:
1. The record for child #1 (start date 9/6/22) did not have parent's employment information, emergency contact address, physical, immunization record and proof of viewing child's identity.
2. The record for child #2 (start date 9/6/22) did not have parent's employment phone number, emergency contact address, physical, immunization record and proof of viewing child's identity.
3. The record for child #3 (start date 9/6/22) did not have parent's employment phone number, physical, immunization record and proof of viewing child's identity.
4. The record for child #4 (start date 9/6/22) did not have parents' employment information and emergency contact address.
5. Missing information was verified by staff member in charge.
Plan of Correction: Not available online. Contact Inspector for more information.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.
Virginia Quality is a voluntary quality rating and improvement system for early care and education facilities serving children ages birth through pre-K. To find programs participating in Virginia Quality, click here.