Boar's Head Outfitters
200 Wellington Drive
Charlottesville, VA 22903
Current Inspector: Barbara Workman (540) 430-9257
Inspection Date: July 26, 2021
Complaint Related: No
- Areas Reviewed:
22VAC40-185 Staff Qualifications & Training
22VAC40-185 Staffing & Supervision
22VAC40-185 Special Care Provisions and Emergencies
22VAC40-185 Special Services
22VAC40-191 Background Checks
22VAC40-80 The License
63.2 (17) License & Registration
This inspection was conducted by licensing staff using an alternate remote protocol, including telephone contacts, documents review, and interviews.
A renewal inspection was initiated on July 26, 2021 and concluded on July 28, 2021. The director was contacted by telephone and a virtual inspection was conducted. There were 16 children present, ranging in ages from six to twelve years of age, with seven staff supervising. The inspector reviewed compliance in the areas of administration, staffing and supervision, programming, medication, special care and emergencies and nutrition. A total of three child records, four staff records, and three agents background checks were reviewed.
Information gathered during the inspection determined non-compliance with applicable standards or law and violations were documented on the violation notice issued to the program.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact the Licensing Inspector at 540-430-9257.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-550-D Description: Based on review of evacuation drills, the center failed to ensure that an evacuation drill was completed monthly.
1. There was no documentation of an evacuation drill being completed in June 2021.
2. Administration verified that there had not been an evacuation drill completed in June 2021.
Plan of Correction: The June 2021 evacuation drill was an oversight by administration. All other drill have been completed and documented.
Standard #: 22VAC40-191-60-B Description: Based on review of staff records, the center failed to ensure that the sworn disclosure statement had been signed prior to or on the first day of employment.
1. Staff #1's sworn disclosure statement was dated 06/15/2021. Date of hire for Staff #1 was 06/14/2021.
2. Administration verified the date of employment for Staff #1 and the documented date on the sworn disclosure statement.
Plan of Correction: Staff usually complete the sworn disclosure statement on the first day of hire. The staff member was given the sworn disclosure statement, but failed to return to administration within the required time frame. In the future administration will ensure all required paperwork is on file before the staff begin employment.
Standard #: 63.2(17)-1720.1-B-4 Description: Based on review of staff records, the center failed to ensure that all out-of-state background checks were completed within the required time frames.
1. Staff #3 indicated on the sworn disclosure statement dated 06/14/2021 that they had lived outside of Virginia with the past five years. A sex offender name search is required before the first day of employment. A sex offender name search was not completed. Date of hire for Staff #3 was 06/14/2021.
2. Staff #3 also required an out-of-state central registry check to be completed within 30 days of hire. There was no documentation in Staff #3's file that an out-of-state central registry check had been completed.
3. Administration verified the date of hire for Staff #3, and that the required out-of-state background checks had not been completed.
Plan of Correction: Administration did not realize that the staff member had indicated they had lived out side of Virginia with the past five years. Proof of sex offender name check was provided to the Licensing inspector after the inspection on 7/28/2021. Administration started the steps to complete the out-of-state central registry finding and will forward evidence to the Licensing inspector within 10 business days.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.
Virginia Quality is a voluntary quality rating and improvement system for early care and education facilities serving children ages birth through pre-K. To find programs participating in Virginia Quality, click here.