Ms. Terrie Finney
1119 Askin Street
Martinsville, VA 24112
Current Inspector: Rebecca Forestier (540) 309-2835
Inspection Date: Sept. 30, 2019
Complaint Related: No
- Areas Reviewed:
22VAC40-111 Physical Health of Caregivers and Household Members
22VAC40-111 Caregiver Training
22VAC40-111 Physical Environment and Equipment
22VAC40-111 Care of Children
22VAC40-111 Preventing the Spread of Disease
22VAC40-111 Medication Administration
22VAC40-191 Background Checks for Child Welfare Agencies
63.2 Licensure and Registration Procedures
An unannounced monitoring inspection was completed on 09/30/2019. There were 4 children, ages 10 months-2 years, totaling 13 points, and one provider present during the inspection. The inspector reviewed 4 children's records and one provider record during the inspection. The provider stated that medication was not being administered at this time. Children were observed in the following activities: in free choice activities, having a morning snack, participating in music and movement and during lunch. The inspector reviewed the emergency supplies during the inspection. The licensing inspector discussed the identifying personal items and nutrition with the provider. The inspector arrived for the inspection at 10:15 a.m. and departed at 12:00 p.m. If you have any questions, please contact Becky Forestier at 540-309-2835.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-900-B Description: Based on observations and discussion, the provider failed to ensure that children shall not be allowed to eat or drink while walking, running, playing, lying down or riding in vehicles.
Evidence: Child #1 was observed walking around while drinking from a sippy cup.
Plan of Correction: The children will not be allowed to do this.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-60-B Description: Based on record review and discussion, the provider failed to ensure that children's records shall contain all of the elements as required by the standards.
1. The record for Child #1 did not contain immunization records for the child as required by 22VAC40-111-90.
2. The record for Child #2 did not contain immunization records for the child as required by 22VAC40-111-90.
3. The record for Child #4 did not contain the first date of attendance and the results of the health examination for the child as required by 22VAC40-111-100.
Plan of Correction: The Provider will notify parents today and get information by Wednesday.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-540-A Description: Based on observations and discussion, the provider failed to ensure that high chairs shall be used according to the manufacturer's instructions and when occupied by a child, a safety strap shall be used and securely fastened.
1. Child #1 was observed in a high chair, the chair was a short high chair that was approximately 1 foot off of the ground, without the safety strap securely fastened; Child #1 was observed climbing out of the high chair and standing up in the seat and standing on the tray of the chair.
2. Child #2 was observed in a high chair, the chair was a short high chair that was approximately 1 foot off of the ground, without the safety strap securely fastened; Child #2 was observed climbing out of the high chair and standing up in the seat.
3. Child #3 was observed in a high chair without the safety strap securely fastened.
Plan of Correction: The children will continuously strapped in.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.Virginia Quality is a voluntary quality rating and improvement system for early care and education facilities serving children ages birth through pre-K. Eligible child care facilities must be fully licensed, licensed exempt and a VDSS subsidy vendor, or a voluntary registered day home and a VDSS subsidy vendor. Only programs enrolled in Virginia Quality will display a rating. Virginia Quality contact information for your region is available at the following link Regional Contacts.