42967 Sundance Square
Ashburn, VA 20148
Current Inspector: Charles Perkins (703) 309-3963
Inspection Date: Oct. 16, 2019
Complaint Related: No
- Areas Reviewed:
22VAC40-111 Household Members
22VAC40-111 Physical Health of Caregivers and Household Members
22VAC40-111 Caregiver Training
22VAC40-111 Physical Environment and Equipment
22VAC40-111 Care of Children
22VAC40-111 Preventing the Spread of Disease
22VAC40-111 Medication Administration
22VAC40-80 THE LICENSE.
22VAC40-80 THE LICENSING PROCESS.
22VAC40-191 Background Checks for Child Welfare Agencies
54.1-3408 Provider must be MAT certified to administer prescription medication.
63.2 Child abuse and neglect
63.2 Licensure and Registration Procedures
63.2 Facilities and Programs
- Technical Assistance:
Discussion was held on the topics of current enrollment, current staffing, and two copies of the CERTIFICATE OF RELIGIOUS EXEMPTION form was left for the Provider to forward on. Discussion was also had on the Emergency Preparedness and Response Plan with regards of any possible future changes or updates.
The following inspection took place between the hours of 9 am/pm through 1 pm. Today, I met with the Provider on site at the Family Day Home (FDH) located in Ashburn, Virginia. At the start of this unannounced monitoring inspection there were a total of 13 children observed (12 children in care, plus 1 resident child) (38 points) with 3 caregivers. A total of 5 children?s files, 3 staff files, and 4 household member?s files were reviewed. The children were engaged in the following: music, snack, hand washing, diapering, toy play, games, learning activities, lunch, nap time, and other organized activities. If you should have any future questions, please call or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-100-A Description: Based on review, 1 of 5 children files indicated that the Provider did not obtain documentation of a physical examination by or under the direction of a physician prior to a child's attendance or within 30 days after the first day of attendance.
1. On the date of inspection (10/16/2019), documentation of a physical for Child #3 was not available for review.
2. The start date for Child #3 was listed as 04/01/2019.
Plan of Correction: Documentation of a physical exam shall be obtained and placed on file for Child #3.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-60-B Description: Based on review, 2 of 5 children files indicated that not all of the required information was contained within each child's record.
1. On the date of inspection (10/16/2019), the medical insurance policy number was not available for: Child #3 and Child #4.
2. Child #3 had 1 of 2 emergency contact information completed.
Plan of Correction: The Parent of both children shall be contacted and the information placed on file.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-90-A Description: Based on review, 2 of 5 children files indicated that before a child may attend the Family Day Home (FDH), Provider did not obtain documentation that the child has been adequately immunized (according to the requirements of ? 32.1-46 A of the Code of Virginia and applicable State Board of Health regulations).
1. On the date of inspection (10/16/2019), physical documentation dated 04/23/2018 for both Child #1 and dated 01/28/2019 for Child #2, states that both children are healthy and unimmunized with normal growth and development. However, this statement currently does not meet the Code of Virginia as defined.
2. The Parent has not submitted an affidavit to the FDH (on the current form approved by the Virginia Department of Health) stating that the administration of immunizing agents conflicts with the parent's or child's religious tenets or practices.
3. A Physician or a local health department has not stated (on a Department of Health-approved form) that one or more of the required immunizations may be detrimental to the child's health, indicating the specific nature and probable duration of the medical condition or circumstance that contraindicates immunization.
Plan of Correction: Appropriate documentation shall be completed and placed on file for each child.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.Virginia Quality is a voluntary quality rating and improvement system for early care and education facilities serving children ages birth through pre-K. Eligible child care facilities must be fully licensed, licensed exempt and a VDSS subsidy vendor, or a voluntary registered day home and a VDSS subsidy vendor. Only programs enrolled in Virginia Quality will display a rating. Virginia Quality contact information for your region is available at the following link Regional Contacts.