1141 Fox Ridge Drive
Earlysville, VA 22936
Current Inspector: Diann S. Reed (540) 280-0742
Inspection Date: Oct. 17, 2019
Complaint Related: No
- Areas Reviewed:
22VAC40-111 Household Members
22VAC40-111 Physical Health of Caregivers and Household Members
22VAC40-111 Caregiver Training
22VAC40-111 Physical Environment and Equipment
22VAC40-111 Care of Children
22VAC40-111 Preventing the Spread of Disease
22VAC40-80 THE LICENSE.
22VAC40-80 THE LICENSING PROCESS.
22VAC40-191 Background Checks for Child Welfare Agencies
- Technical Assistance:
A supplemental page was provided.
Thank you for your time and assistance with the unannounced monitoring inspection conducted on October 17, 2019. The on-site inspection was from 1:20 p.m. to 4:05 p.m. On this date, at the time of arrival, there were four children and one resident child in the care of the provider (10 points). There were a total of nine children enrolled in the program. The exceptions to compliance were noted on the violation notice and the risk ratings were noted on the supplemental page. The records of five children were reviewed. There was no medication being administered, which is the policy of the provider. Snack consisted of trail mix and fresh fruit. The records for the provider and one caregiver were reviewed. All interactions between the provider and the children were age-appropriate and positive. Some items reviewed/observed included: warm water temperature, required posted information, snack menu, nap time, bathroom and hand washing procedures, diaper changing procedures, snack, and outdoor play.
Please contact your licensing inspector, Diann Reed, if you have questions concerning this inspection, the licensing standards, and/or if I may be of assistance to you (540) 280-0742.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-60-A Description: Based on review of five children's records and verification from the provider, the provider failed to maintain a record for one child.
1. There was no record for Child #1 available for review on 10/17/2019. Required information not in the child's file included: the child's date of birth, sex of the child, name/address/phone number for the parent, name/address/phone number for parent's place of employment, name/address/phone number for the child's health care provider, medical insurance/policy number, name/address/phone number for two emergency contacts, a list of who can pick-up the child from care, any known allergies/health or developmental problems, and the first date of enrollment.
Plan of Correction: A complete record will be obtained for Child #1 and will be available for review. In the future, the provider will not allow a child to attend the daycare without a complete record.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-60-B Description: Based on review of five children's records and confirmation from the provider, the provider failed to have all of the required enrollment information for three children.
1. The record for Child #2 did not contain the address of the person to contact in case of emergency and the parent cannot be reached (emergency contact). The record did not contain the name/address/phone number of a second emergency contact.
2. The record for Child #4 did not did not contain the address of parent's second emergency contact.
3. The record for Child #5 did not contain the name/address/phone number of a second emergency contact.
Plan of Correction: All of the required information for the children's emergency contacts will be obtained and in the future, the provider will ensure that information is in a child's record before the child's first day of attendance.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-80-A Description: Based on review of five children's records and confirmation from the provider, the provider failed to have documentation that the parents of two children had presented proof of the children's age and identity.
1. The records for Child #1 and for Child #4 did not contain proof of the child's age and identity.
Plan of Correction: The parents of the children will be contacted and proof of their age and identity will be obtained.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-170-A Description: Based on review of one substitute provider/assistant's record and discussion with the provider, the provider failed to obtain a negative tuberculosis (TB) screening for the caregiver.
1. The record for Caregiver #1 did not contain documentation that a negative TB had been obtained. Date of hire was 07/02/2019.
2. The provider reported that the caregiver had obtained a TB screening but did not have the results.
Plan of Correction: The provider will obtain documentation of the caregiver's TB screening results.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-200-A Description: Based on review of one substitute provider/assistant's record and verification from the provider, the provider failed to have the required documentation showing the caregiver had received orientation training within the first week of beginning work.
1. The record for Caregiver #1 did not contain documentation that she had received the required orientation training. Date of hire was 07/02/2019.
2. The provider stated she had not completed the paperwork to verify the caregiver had received the orientation training.
Plan of Correction: The provider will ensure that documentation is completed to show the caregiver received all required orientation training.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.Virginia Quality is a voluntary quality rating and improvement system for early care and education facilities serving children ages birth through pre-K. Eligible child care facilities must be fully licensed, licensed exempt and a VDSS subsidy vendor, or a voluntary registered day home and a VDSS subsidy vendor. Only programs enrolled in Virginia Quality will display a rating. Virginia Quality contact information for your region is available at the following link Regional Contacts.