8471 Summer Breeze Lane
Springfield, VA 22153
Current Inspector: Maria Robles-Lopez (703) 397-3827
Inspection Date: Oct. 25, 2019
Complaint Related: No
- Areas Reviewed:
22VAC40-111 Household Members
22VAC40-111 Physical Health of Caregivers and Household Members
22VAC40-111 Physical Environment and Equipment
22VAC40-111 Care of Children
22VAC40-111 Preventing the Spread of Disease
22VAC40-111 Medication Administration
22VAC40-80 THE LICENSE.
- Technical Assistance:
Discussion was held regarding record keeping, training and staff qualifications.
An unannounced monitoring visit was conducted on 10/25/2019 between the hours of approximately 8:00 am through 11:00 am. There were 8 children (22 points) in the direct care and supervision of the provider and a household member. A sample of 6 children's records, the provider's, 2 household members' records and 1 pet record were reviewed. The children were observed during breakfast, drawing, doing puzzles and free toy play. Cribs, the physical space, emergency supplies, evacuation drills, attendance records, and the Emergency Preparedness Plan were reviewed. There were no medication at site today. Areas of non-compliance are identified in the violation notice. If you have any questions regarding this inspection, please contact the Licensing Inspector, Maria Robles at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-750-A Description: Based on observation, requirements for the use of topical skin products were not met.
1) In the diapering area, 6 out of 6 containers of topical skin products were not labeled with the child's name: one container of coconut oil, one insect repellent, two sunscreens, one diaper ointment, one lotion.
2) 0 out of 6 children's records reviewed contain written parent authorization to administer topical skin products.
Plan of Correction: I put the names.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-760-A-1 Description: Based on observation, the first aid kit did not contain all the required supplies.
1) The first aid kit contained one triangular bandage. It is required for the first aid kit to contain at least two triangular bandages.
Plan of Correction: I will buy other triangular bandage but I have in the first aid.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-800-B Description: Based on document review, the provider did not review the emergency plan at least annually, update the plan as needed and document in writing each review.
1) The last update of the Emergency Plan is dated 06/05/2017.
Plan of Correction: I put the new and review.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-890 Description: Based on observation and interview with the provider, food containers with meals and snacks brought from a child's home were not clearly labeled with the child's name.
1) Two containers with food (one Pediasure bottle and one baby food container) were observed in the downstairs refrigerator and were not labeled with the child's name.
2) The provider stated that those containers where brought by the children.
Plan of Correction: I tacke care tha cointaners at that moment
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-920 Description: Based on observation and document review, the menu for the current week did not list any substituted food.
1) The menu posted on the care area listed the day's breakfast as milk, boiled eggs and apples.
2) During the inspection, the children had pancakes and milk for breakfast. These substitutions were not listed on the menu.
Plan of Correction: I will fix that Asap.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-60-B Description: Based on record review, six out of six children's records reviewed did not contain all required information.
1) The record for Child #2 did not contain a policy number for the medical insurance.
2) The record for Child #4 did not contain addresses for two emergency contacts.
3) The record for Child #5 did not contain and address for an emergency contact and first day of attendance.
4) The record for Child #6 did not contain address for the child's physician and name, address and telephone number for a second emergency contact and first day of attendance.
5) The record for Child #1 - 3 and Child #5-6 did not contain results of a health examination for each child.
6) The record for Child #3 and Child #6 did not contain the parent's signed acknowledgement of the receipt of required information.
Plan of Correction: I already give the update papers to the parents.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-280 Description: Based on observation, potentially poisonous substances were not stored in areas inaccessible to children.
1) Based on observation, a container with clorox wipes was observed on a counter of the kitchenette area.
Plan of Correction: I removed at that moment
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-340-C Description: Based on observation, the bathroom did not contain paper towels.
1) The bathroom of the care area did not have paper towels available.
Plan of Correction: I will put a paper towel in the bathroom area.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-570-A Description: Based on observation and interview, the provider did not ensure that a caregiver does not exceed 16 points.
1) On the date of inspection, 8 children (ages: 14 months, 15 months, 4 years, 3 years, 3 years, 3 years, 3 years and 8 months) totaling 22 points were in direct care under the supervision of the provider.
2) The maximum number of points permitted under the supervision of 1 caregiver is 16. Two caregivers are needed for the supervision of 22 points.
3) The provider stated that she did not have an assistant currently working with her. Although a household member was present that day, they did not meet the requirements to act as an assistant.
Plan of Correction: I will have all the paperwork for the assistant and will do the paper for my mother.
Standard #: 22VAC40-80-120-E-2 Description: Based on document review, required documents were not posted on the premises.
1) On the date of inspection, the findings of the most recent inspection of the family day home (FDH) were not posted. The most recent inspection of the FDH is 02/28/2019.
2) The inspection notice posted is dated 12/17/2018.
Plan of Correction: I put on the board.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.Virginia Quality is a voluntary quality rating and improvement system for early care and education facilities serving children ages birth through pre-K. Eligible child care facilities must be fully licensed, licensed exempt and a VDSS subsidy vendor, or a voluntary registered day home and a VDSS subsidy vendor. Only programs enrolled in Virginia Quality will display a rating. Virginia Quality contact information for your region is available at the following link Regional Contacts.