Ms. Terrie Finney
1119 Askin Street
Martinsville, VA 24112
Current Inspector: Rebecca Forestier (540) 309-2835
Inspection Date: March 3, 2020
Complaint Related: No
- Areas Reviewed:
22VAC40-111 Physical Health of Caregivers and Household Members
22VAC40-111 Caregiver Training
22VAC40-111 Physical Environment and Equipment
22VAC40-111 Care of Children
22VAC40-191 Background Checks for Child Welfare Agencies
63.2 Licensure and Registration Procedures
An unannounced monitoring inspection was conducted on 03/03/2020. There were 4 children, ages 15 months-2 years, totaling 11 points, and one provider present during the inspection. The inspector reviewed 5 children's records and one provider record during the inspection. The provider stated that there was no medication being administered at this time. The children were observed in the following activities: watching television, during story time, free choice activities and going down for nap. The inspector reviewed the emergency supplies during the inspection. The inspector discussed safe sleep and updating policies with the provider. The inspector arrived for the inspection at 10:50 a.m. and departed at 12:45 p.m. If you have any questions, please contact Becky Forestier at 540-309-2835.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-830-D Description: Based on document review and discussion, the provider failed ensure that records of emergency evacuation and shelter-in-place drills shall be maintained for one year.
Evidence: The 2019 emergency evacuation and shelter-in-place drills were not available. The provider stated they may have been thrown away.
Plan of Correction: The provider will be sure to keep all records moving forward.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-60-B Description: REPEAT VIOLATION
Based on record review and discussion, the provider failed to ensure that each child's record shall contain all of the elements as required by the standards.
1. The record for Child #1 did not contain the following information: the policy number of the child's medical insurance, immunizations were not obtained prior to the child attending the family day home, immunizations have not been obtained once every 6 months for children under 2 years and documentation of the annual review of the child's emergency contact information was not obtained (the most recent update was dated 07/30/2018).
2. The record for Child #2 did not contain the following information: immunizations were not obtained prior to the child attending the family day home.
3. The record for Child #3 did not contain the following information: immunizations were not obtained prior to the child attending the family day home.
4. The record for Child #4 did not contain the following information: the name, address and telephone number of two designated persons to contact in case of an emergency if the parent cannot be reached (only one designated person was provided), the policy number of the child's medical insurance, a physical examination was not obtained within 30 days after the first day of attendance.
5. The record for Child #5 did not contain the following information: documentation of the annual review of the child's emergency contact information (the most recent update was dated 02/04/2019).
Plan of Correction: The provider will make not of previous violation and get the missing information.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-520-A Description: Based on observation, record review and discussion, the provider failed to ensure that cribs shall be provided for children from birth through 12 months of age and for children over 12 months of age who are not developmentally ready to sleep on a cot, rest mat or bed.
Evidence: Child #3 was determined to be 15 months of age; Child #3 was observed sleeping in a crib.
Plan of Correction: The provider will work on transitioning to a cot.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.Virginia Quality is a voluntary quality rating and improvement system for early care and education facilities serving children ages birth through pre-K. Eligible child care facilities must be fully licensed, licensed exempt and a VDSS subsidy vendor, or a voluntary registered day home and a VDSS subsidy vendor. Only programs enrolled in Virginia Quality will display a rating. Virginia Quality contact information for your region is available at the following link Regional Contacts.