3303 Collard Street
Alexandria, VA 22306
Current Inspector: Anansa Archer-Hicks (703) 268-3295
Inspection Date: Feb. 24, 2020
Complaint Related: No
- Areas Reviewed:
22VAC40-111 Household Members
22VAC40-111 Physical Health of Caregivers and Household Members
22VAC40-111 Physical Environment and Equipment
22VAC40-111 Care of Children
22VAC40-111 Preventing the Spread of Disease
22VAC40-111 Medication Administration
22VAC40-80 THE LICENSE.
22VAC40-191 Background Checks for Child Welfare Agencies
63.2 Facilities and Programs
- Technical Assistance:
Discussed menus, medications, and handwashing.
An unannounced renewal inspection was conducted today from 12:25pm-3:30pm. There were 11 children (31 points) supervised by 3 direct care staff. The home, 3 staff records, 6 children?s records, 3 household member?s records, evacuation drills, emergency supplies, medications and policies were inspected. Children were observed playing with dinosaurs, watching a video, reading books, eating lunch, and transitioning to naptime. Handwashing procedures were also observed. Lunch served was chicken nuggets, rice, apples, mixed vegetables, and rice. There was a sufficient amount of books, toys, and materials, which were found to be developmentally appropriate for the children in care at the time of inspection. Areas of non-compliance are identified in the Violation Notice.
If you have any questions regarding this inspection, please contact Anansa Archer-Hicks at 703-268-3295 or email@example.com.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-60-B Description: Based on record review, children's records did not contain the following information:
1. Child #1's (4 years old) record did not contain documentation of written authorization if a caregiver is to administer prescription or nonprescription medication.
2. Child #7's (11 months old) record did not contain documentation of proof of identification, parent's signed acknowledgement of the receipt of the information required by 22 VAC 40-111-70, and whether or not there is liability insurance.
3. Child #9's (6 months old) record did not contain documentation of a complete address for either emergency contact person, the policy number for the child's medical insurance, and parent signed acknowledgement of the emergency preparedness plan, and whether or not there is liability insurance.
Plan of Correction: We will fix the records today.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-180-A Description: Based on record review, the provider did not obtain a current report of tuberculosis screening form every two years from the date of the first screening.
1. Staff A's most recent documented TB screening was dated 2/13/2018 (expired: 2/12/2020).
2. Household member A's most recent documented TB screening was dated 3/7/2017 (expired: 3/7/2019).
Plan of Correction: Appointments were made today.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-280 Description: Based on observation, potentially poisonous substances, materials, and supplies were not stored away from food areas inaccessible to children.
Evidence: In the children's restroom area, there was a plastic roller storage container containing various creams and ointments.
Plan of Correction: Corrected during inspection.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.Virginia Quality is a voluntary quality rating and improvement system for early care and education facilities serving children ages birth through pre-K. Eligible child care facilities must be fully licensed, licensed exempt and a VDSS subsidy vendor, or a voluntary registered day home and a VDSS subsidy vendor. Only programs enrolled in Virginia Quality will display a rating. Virginia Quality contact information for your region is available at the following link Regional Contacts.