3221 Hallran Road
Falls church, VA 22041
Current Inspector: Maria Robles-Lopez (703) 397-3827
Inspection Date: March 11, 2020
Complaint Related: No
- Areas Reviewed:
22VAC40-111 Household Members
22VAC40-111 Physical Health of Caregivers and Household Members
22VAC40-111 Caregiver Training
22VAC40-111 Physical Environment and Equipment
22VAC40-111 Care of Children
22VAC40-111 Preventing the Spread of Disease
22VAC40-111 Medication Administration
- Technical Assistance:
Technical assistance was provided in the areas of the diapering area, outside area and amount of time infants spend in high chairs.
An unannounced monitoring visit was conducted today between the hours of approximately 9:30 am through 2:30 pm. At the time of entrance, there were 10 children present (21 points) with the provider and 3 assistants. During the inspection, 2 children (5 points) left and 1 child arrived (4 points) for a total of 9 children (20 points). A sample of 6 children's files, 4 staff and 1 household member files were reviewed. The provider had exceeded the 16 hours of required annual training with a total of 22 for the year 2019. The children were observed during clean up and transition to snack, handwashing procedures, outside play, lunch and nap time. The provider and assistants were observed supervising, assisting the children and redirecting as needed. The snack today consisted of cantaloupe, grapes and banana. Lunch consisted of stewed beef, white rice, lentils, salad and milk. The site was clean, organized and contained a varied supply of developmentally appropriate materials. The entire physical space of the family day home, emergency supplies, evacuation drills, attendance records, required posted documents and the Emergency Preparedness Plan were reviewed. There were no medications on site today. Areas of non-compliance are identified in the violation notice. If you have any questions regarding this inspection, please contact the Licensing Inspector, Maria Robles at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-750-A Description: Based on observation and interview with the provider, it was determined that diaper ointments brought form home were not labeled with the child's name.
1) 3 tubes and 1 tub of diaper ointment in the diapering area were not labeled.
2) The provider stated that the ointments were brought from home.
Plan of Correction: I will label the diaper ointments
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-780-B Description: Based on record review, the provider did not always review with the parents the emergency contact information required in 22 VAC 40-111-60 B 2 to ensure the information is correct.
1) The most recent update documented in the record for Child 5 was dated 10/26/2018.
2) The most recent update documented in the record for Child 6 was dated 05/26/2017.
Plan of Correction: I will ask the parents to update the information.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-800-B Description: Based on document review, the provider did not review the emergency plan at least annually and update the plan as needed.
1) The most recent update documented on the emergency plan was dated 02/11/2019.
Plan of Correction: I will update the plan as soon as possible.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-830-A Description: Based on document review, emergency evacuation procedures were not practiced monthly.
1) On the date of inspection, the emergency evacuation drills log for the year 2019 did not have drills documented for the months of October, November and December.
Plan of Correction: We practiced the drills but I forgot to document them. I will ensure to complete and document the fire drills each month.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-830-B Description: Based on document review, shelter-in-place procedures were not practiced a minimum of twice per year.
1) The emergency drills log for the year 2019 did not have any shelter-in-place drills documented.
Plan of Correction: I will ensure to practice and document the shelter-in-place drills.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-100-A Description: Based on record review, the provider did not obtain documentation of a physical examination by or under the direction of a physician prior to a child's attendance or within 30 days after the first day of attendance.
1) The record for Child 3 [start date 08/13/2018] did not contain a physical examination.
Plan of Correction: I will ask the parents to provide the physical examination.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-60-B Description: Based on records review, 2 out of 6 children's records did not contain all required information,
1) The record for Child 3 did not contain a phone number for one custodial parent place of employment.
2) The record for Child 6 did not contain name, address and phone number for both custodial parents. place of employment.
Plan of Correction: I will ask the parents for the missing information.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-70-A Description: Based on record review, not all parents were provided in writing of required operating information from the family day home.
1) The parent's acknowledgement of the agreements with the fdh in the record for Child 2 did not contain a signature.
2) The policy for medication administration in the record for Child 4 did not contain a signature.
Plan of Correction: I will ask the parents for the missing information.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-330-A Description: Based on emergency supplies review and interview with the provider, it was determined that a landline telephone, excluding a cordless or cell phone, was not available during the family day home's (fdh) hours of operation.
1) On the date of inspection, a landline phone was not available for review.
2) The provider stated that they did not have a landline phone in the fdh.
Plan of Correction: I will purchase a landline telphone.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-690-E Description: Based on observation and interview with the provider, it was determined that disposable diapers and wipes were not being disposed of in a leak-proof or plastic-lined storage system that is either foot operated or used in such a way that neither the caregiver's hand nor the soiled diaper or wipe touches the exterior surface of the storage system during disposal.
1) The trash can in the diapering area was observed to not be foot-operated.
2) The provider explained the way the trash can is being used: caregivers' hands touch the exterior surface of the trash can during disposal.
Plan of Correction: I will buy a new trash can.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.Virginia Quality is a voluntary quality rating and improvement system for early care and education facilities serving children ages birth through pre-K. Eligible child care facilities must be fully licensed, licensed exempt and a VDSS subsidy vendor, or a voluntary registered day home and a VDSS subsidy vendor. Only programs enrolled in Virginia Quality will display a rating. Virginia Quality contact information for your region is available at the following link Regional Contacts.