8471 Summer Breeze Lane
Springfield, VA 22153
Current Inspector: Maria Robles-Lopez (703) 397-3827
Inspection Date: Jan. 4, 2021 and Jan. 8, 2021
Complaint Related: No
- Areas Reviewed:
22VAC40-111 Household Members
22VAC40-111 Physical Health of Caregivers and Household Members
22VAC40-111 Caregiver Training
22VAC40-111 Care of Children
22VAC40-111 Preventing the Spread of Disease
22VAC40-80 THE LICENSE.
22VAC40-191 Background Checks for Child Welfare Agencies
This inspection was conducted by licensing staff using an alternate remote protocol, necessary due to a state of emergency health pandemic declared by the Governor of Virginia.
A renewal inspection was initiated on 01/04/2021 and concluded on 01/08/2021. The provider was contacted by telephone to initiate the inspection. There were 12 children present and 2 staff. The inspector emailed the provider a list of items required to complete the inspection. The Inspector reviewed 2 children?s records and 2 staff records submitted by the facility to ensure documentation was complete.
Information gathered during the inspection determined non-compliance(s) with applicable standards or law and violations were documented on the violation notice issued to the facility. If you have any questions regarding this inspection, please contact the Licensing Inspector, Maria Robles at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Licensing Inspector has reviewed with the provider COVID-19 Essential Guidance for Child Care programs.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-100-A Description: Based on record review, the provider did not obtain documentation of a physical examination prior to a child's attendance or within 30 days after the first day of attendance.
1) The record for Child #2 (start date 09/28/2020) did not contain documentation of a physical examination.
Plan of Correction: I will request the parents to provide the documents.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-60-B Description: Based on record review, children's records did not contain all required information.
1) The record for Child #1 did not contain the phone number for a second custodial parent's place of employment; the name, address and telephone number of a second designated person to contact in case of an emergency if the parent cannot be reached; and the name of the child's physician. The record for Child #2 did not contain the address for two designated persons to contact in case of an emergency if the parent cannot be reached.
Plan of Correction: I will ask the parents to provide the information.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-70-A Description: Based on record review, parents were not provided in writing of all required information before the child's first day of attendance.
1) The records for Child #1 and Child #2 did not contain documentation that the parents received the family day home's policies for the administration of medications.
Plan of Correction: I will provide the information to the parents.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-80-A Description: Based on record review, the provider did not obtain from the parent verification of the identity and age of the child within seven business days of the child's first day of attendance at the family day home.
1) On the day of inspection, the record for Child #2 (start date 09/28/2020) did not contain documentation to confirm that the provider verified the child's identity and age.
Plan of Correction: I will request the parents to provide the documentation.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-210-A Description: Based on documentation review, the provider did not ensure that caregivers obtained a minimum of sixteen clock hours of training annually in areas relevant to their job responsibilities.
1) On the day of inspection, the inspector requested documentation of Staff #1's and Staff #2's training hours. The documentation was not made available for the inspector to review that caregivers have obtained a minimum of sixteen hours of training annually.
Plan of Correction: I will make sure she gets the training hours by the end of this month.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.Virginia Quality is a voluntary quality rating and improvement system for early care and education facilities serving children ages birth through pre-K. Eligible child care facilities must be fully licensed, licensed exempt and a VDSS subsidy vendor, or a voluntary registered day home and a VDSS subsidy vendor. Only programs enrolled in Virginia Quality will display a rating. Virginia Quality contact information for your region is available at the following link Regional Contacts.