7424 McWhorter Place
Annandale, VA 22003
Current Inspector: Karen Dickens (571) 423-6978
Inspection Date: Dec. 9, 2021
Complaint Related: No
- Areas Reviewed:
22VAC40-111 Household Members
22VAC40-111 Physical Health of Caregivers and Household Members
22VAC40-111 Caregiver Training
22VAC40-111 Physical Environment and Equipment
22VAC40-111 Care of Children
22VAC40-111 Preventing the Spread of Disease
22VAC40-80 THE LICENSE.
22.1 Background Checks Code; carbon monoxide detectors
An unannounced Renewal inspection was conducted today from 10:00 am until 11:20 am. There were six children (16pts), ages 4 months to 5 years old, with two caregivers supervising. The home, three children's records, two staff records, and three household member's records, evacuation drills, emergency supplies, and policies were inspected. There were no medications on site. Children were observed playing freely, coloring, being fed by a bottle, and having their diaper changed. Positive interactions were also observed with the children. There was an assortment of age appropriate materials for the children.
Information gathered during the inspection determined non-compliance with applicable standards or law and violations were documented on the violation notice issued to the program.
Thank you for your cooperation today. If there are any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Standard #: 8VAC20-800-960-E Description: Based on observation, three bottles were not labeled with the child's full name and date.
1. One bottle located in the refrigerator was not labeled with a name and date.
2. Two bottles on the counter were not labeled with a name and date.
Plan of Correction: The bottles were labeled with names and the date during the time of the inspection.
Standard #: 8VAC20-800-60-B Description: Based on record review, children's records did not contain required information.
1. Child #1's record (Start date-11/01/2021) did not contain a the name, address, and phone number of a second emergency contact, and no policy number for the medical insurance.
Plan of Correction: The provider will get this information from the parents and document the record.
Standard #: 8VAC20-800-70-A Description: Based on record review of three children's records, one record did not contain the required documentation of written information for parents.
1. Child #3's record (Start date-08/02/2021) did not contain documentation of the Provisions of the Emergency Plan and Liability Insurance Declaration.
Plan of Correction: The provider will give the documents to the parents and have them complete them.
Standard #: 8VAC20-800-680-B Description: Based on observation, caregiver did not ensure that children's hands were washed with liquid soap and running water after diapering.
1. Staff #2 changed Child #4's(6 months old) diaper and immediately placed them back into a bouncy chair. Child #4's hands were not washed with soap and water.
Plan of Correction: The provider will re train and remind staff of when to wash children's hands.
Standard #: 8VAC20-800-690-D Description: Based on observation, one diaper changing pad was not nonabsorbent and washable and was not cleaned and sanitized after use.
1. The diaper changing pad had a quarter size tear in the plastic making it nonabsorbent.
2. It was observed that Staff #2 did not clean and sanitize the diaper changing pad after changing a child.
Plan of Correction: The provider placed a piece of tape over the tear until a new one is purchased. The provider will remind staff to clean and sanitize the diaper changing pad after each use.
Standard #: 8VAC20-820-120-E-2 Description: Based on observation and interview, the findings of the most recent inspection of the facility was not posted.
1. The findings of the most recent inspection was not posted anywhere in the facility.
2. Staff #1 confirmed that the most recent inspection was not printed and posted.
Plan of Correction: The provider will post most recent inspection where parents can see it.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.
Virginia Quality is a voluntary quality rating and improvement system for early care and education facilities serving children ages birth through pre-K. To find programs participating in Virginia Quality, click here.