22554 Scattersville Gap Terrace
Ashburn, VA 20148
Current Inspector: Karen Dickens (571) 423-6978
Inspection Date: Jan. 18, 2022
Complaint Related: No
- Areas Reviewed:
22VAC40-111 Household Members
22VAC40-111 Physical Health of Caregivers and Household Members
22VAC40-111 Caregiver Training
22VAC40-111 Physical Environment and Equipment
22VAC40-111 Care of Children
22VAC40-111 Preventing the Spread of Disease
22VAC40-111 Medication Administration
22VAC40-80 THE LICENSE.
22VAC40-191 Background Checks for Child Welfare Agencies
22.1 Background Checks Code; carbon monoxide detectors
This inspection was conducted by licensing staff using an alternate remote protocol, including telephone contacts, documents review, interviews and a virtual tour of the program .
A monitoring inspection was initiated and concluded on January 18, 2022. The provider was contacted by telephone and a virtual inspection was conducted. There were 6 children(16pts) present, ranging in ages from 3 months to 4 years old, with two staff supervising. The inspector reviewed compliance in the areas of administration, physical plant, staffing and supervision, programming, medication, special care and emergencies and nutrition. A total of three child records, three household members records, and two staff records were reviewed.
Information gathered during the inspection determined non-compliance with applicable standards or law and violations were documented on the violation notice issued to the program.
Thank you for your cooperation today. If there are any questions, please contact email@example.com.
Standard #: 22.1-289.058 Description: Based on observation and interview, the family day that serves preschool-age children was not equipped with at least one carbon monoxide detector.
1. The family day home was not equipped with at least one carbon monoxide detector.
2. Staff #1 confirmed that the family day home did not have a carbon monoxide detector in the home.
Plan of Correction: The provider will purchase a carbon monoxide detector and place it on the level where the preschool children are cared for.
Standard #: 8VAC20-800-60-B Description: Based on record review, children's records did not contain required information.
1. Child #3's record (Start date-01-18-22) did not contain documentation of the medical insurance name and policy number.
Plan of Correction: The provider will obtain the medical insurance information today.
Standard #: 8VAC20-800-90-A Description: Based on record review and interview, the provider did not obtain documentation that the child has been adequately immunized according to the requirements of ? 32.1-46 A of the Code of Virginia and applicable State Board of Health regulations prior to the first day of attendance.
1. Child #3's record (Start date-01/18/2022) did not contain documentation of an immunization record.
2. Staff #1 confirmed there was no documentation of Child #3's immunization before the start date.
Plan of Correction: The provider will obtain the immunization record today.
Standard #: 8VAC20-800-390-A Description: Based on observation and interview, each child who is two years of age and older did not have access to an individual location in which to keep clothing, toys, and belongings.
1. Four of the six children in care two years of age and older did not have access to an individual location in which to keep clothing, toys, and belongings.
2. Staff #1 confirmed that the children two and over did not have access to an individual location for their belongings.
Plan of Correction: The provider will provide an individual location for children belongings.
Standard #: 8VAC20-800-390-B Description: Based on observation and interview, each child who is under the age of two did not have an individual location in which to keep clothing, toys, and belongings that is accessible to the caregiver and parent.
1. Two of the six children in care under the age of two did not have an individual location in which to keep clothing, toys, and belongings that is accessible to the caregiver and parent.
2. Staff #1 confirmed that individual locations for children under the age of two were were not provided for children in care.
Plan of Correction: The provider will get individual cubbies for the children in care.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.
Virginia Quality is a voluntary quality rating and improvement system for early care and education facilities serving children ages birth through pre-K. To find programs participating in Virginia Quality, click here.