832 Linfield Terrace
Leesburg, VA 20176
Current Inspector: Charles Perkins (703) 309-3963
Inspection Date: April 13, 2022
Complaint Related: No
- Areas Reviewed:
8VAC20-800 Household Members
8VAC20-800 Physical Health of Caregivers and Household Members
8VAC20-800 Caregiver Training
8VAC20-800 Physical Equipment and Environment
8VAC20-800 Preventing the Spread of Disease
8VAC20-820 THE LICENSE.
8VAC20-820 THE LICENSING PROCESS.
8VAC20-770 Background Checks for Child Day Programs and Family Day Systems
22.1 Background Checks Code; carbon monoxide detectors
63.2 Child abuse and neglect
- Technical Assistance:
The following blank documentation was sent to the FDH:
Assistant/Substitute Provider form
A Drill Log
Information about SB668 - Out-of-State background checks.
This initial inspection was initiated by licensing staff and concluded on 04/13/2022, between the hours of 10 am to 12:30 pm. There were no children present during this inspection. The inspector reviewed compliance in the areas of administration; physical plant; staffing; programming; special care and emergencies; and nutrition. A total of 1 staff record, and 3 household records were reviewed.
Information gathered during the inspection determined that there were eight (8) non-compliances with the applicable standards. These violations were documented on the Violation Notice issued to the program.
If you should have any questions, please call or send an email to email@example.com. Thank you.
Standard #: 8VAC20-800-770 Description: Based on observation, a working portable battery-operated weather band radio was not available for use within the Family Day Home (FDH).
1. On the date of inspection (04/13/2022), the radio on site was not a weather band radio (WB).
2. This radio was only an AM/FM radio.
Plan of Correction: A WB radio will be purchased for the FDH.
Standard #: 8VAC20-800-790 Description: Based on observation, none of the three required emergency numbers were observed to be posted in a visible area close to the telephone.
1. On the date of inspection (04/13/2022) the following numbers were observed not to be posted: 911 or local dial number for police, fire, and emergency medical responders; the responsible person for emergency backup care as required in 8VAC20-800-800 A 3; and the regional poison control center.
2. The Provider did have the number available for the responsible person for emergency back up care, but it was not posted by the telephone. This information was observed on file within the Emergency Preparedness and Response Plan (EP&RP).
Plan of Correction: All numbers will be posted by the telephone, including the EP&RP.
Standard #: 8VAC20-800-940-B Description: Based on observation, the Provider did not have an operable thermometer available to monitor refrigerator and freezer compartment temperatures.
1. On the date of inspection (04/14/2022), both the refrigerator and freezer in the downstairs child care area did not have a thermometer available.
2. The Provider stated that the food for the day care will be stored in these areas (refrigerator and freezer).
Plan of Correction: An operable thermometer will be purchase for both the refrigerator and freezer.
Standard #: 8VAC20-800-240-A Description: Based on observations, two areas outside of the Family Day Home (FDH) were maintained in unsafe conditions.
1. On the date of inspection (04/14/2022), outside in the backyard of the FDH, there were to areas of concern that posed as a tripping hazard or were protruding nails that could entangle or could snag skin.
2. A small circular hole about 1 foot wide and 6 inches deep was observed in the middle of the backyard.
3. Just outside the door into the backyard, both to the left and right of the boxed mat, are two large protruding nails. It appears that these nails located nearer to the door had not been nailed down into place (as those nails were in the front) but were left protruding up.
Plan of Correction: The hole will be filled in and the nails hammered down into place.
Standard #: 8VAC20-800-280 Description: Based on observation and interview, cleaning agents were not stored away in areas inaccessible to children.
1. On the date of inspection (04/14/2022) a cabinet located below the sink within the downstairs child care area did not have a child proof lock installed preventing access.
2. Cleaning agents were observed being stored in this cabinet on the date of inspection.
3. The Provider stated (during an interview on the date of inspection) that she was going to have someone install the child proof lock for her.
Plan of Correction: The child proof lock will be installed on this cabinet door to prevent access.
Standard #: 8VAC20-800-330-A Description: Based on interview, the landline telephone was not operable.
1. The Provider stated (during an interview conducted on the date of inspection - 04/13/2022) that the Family Day Home (FDH) landline telephone had not yet been activated.
2. The Provider was however able to give the Licensing Inspector (LI) the telephone number for the FDH.
Plan of Correction: Once the license is issued the landline telephone will be activated.
Standard #: 8VAC20-800-690-D Description: Based on observation, the Family Day Home (FDH) currently does not have a diapering surface available to change diapers.
1. The Provider stated (during an interview conducted on the date of inspection - 04/14/2022) that she plans to have children as young as 2 years of age in her care who may not yet be potty-trained.
2. While non-absorbent mats were available and observed on site, these mats had a designated use for sleeping and not for diapering.
Plan of Correction: A diapering area will be constructed within the bathroom. An extra non-absorbent mat for diapering may be used in this new area.
Standard #: 8VAC20-800-690-E Description: Based on observation, a foot operated trash can was not available for use.
1. Based on the requested license, diapering will be needed for those children who will not be potty-trained.
2. While a trash can was available, it was not foot-operated.
Plan of Correction: A foot-operated trash can will be purchased.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.
Virginia Quality is a voluntary quality rating and improvement system for early care and education facilities serving children ages birth through pre-K. To find programs participating in Virginia Quality, click here.