19907 Ridgecrest Square
Ashburn, VA 20147
Current Inspector: Karen Dickens (571) 423-6978
Inspection Date: Sept. 13, 2023
Complaint Related: No
- Areas Reviewed:
?8VAC20-800 Household Members
?8VAC20-800 Physical Health of Caregivers and Household members
?8VAC20-800 Caregiver Training
?8VAC20-800 Physical Equipment and Environment
?8VAC20-800 Care of Children
?8VAC20-800 Preventing the Spread of Disease
?8VAC20-800 Medication Administration
?8VAC20-800 Nighttime Care
?8VAC20-820 THE LICENSE.
?8VAC20-820 THE LICENSING PROCESS.
?8VAC20-820 HEARINGS PROCEDURES.
?8VAC20-770 Background Checks
?20 Access to minor?s records
?22.1 Background Checks Code, Carbon Monoxide
?54.1 Provider must be MAT certified to administer prescription medication.
?63.2 Child abuse and neglect
?8VAC20-790 Subsidy Program Vendor Requirements for Family Day Homes
An unannounced renewal inspection was conducted on September 13, 2023, from 9:30am-10:45am. At the time of entrance, four children (10pts) were in care with one caregiver. The inspector reviewed four children's records and two caregiver's records. Children were observed during snack time, handwashing, toy play, and diapering. Areas of non-compliance are identified on the violation notice. Repeat violations were found and are identified within this report.
Plans of correction with dates to be corrected for each violation was completed on site.
The renewal application was submitted by the provider through the online portal and was complete.
If you have any questions about this inspection, please contact the Licensing Inspector, Karen Dickens at email@example.com.
Standard #: 8VAC20-800-760-A-1 Description: Based on observation and interview, the first aid kit did not contain the required supplies.
1. The first aid kit did not have adhesive tape and a first aid instructional manual.
2. Caregiver #1 confirmed that the first aid kit was missing adhesive tape and the first aid instructional manual.
Plan of Correction: The provider will purchase adhesive tape and a first aid instructional manual.
Standard #: 8VAC20-800-830-B Description: Based on review of documentation and interview, shelter in place drills were not practiced a minimum of twice per year.
1. The Emergency Evacuation Drill Log did not contain documentation of two shelter in place drills for the year.
2. Caregiver #1 confirmed that Shelter In Place drills were not conducted.
Plan of Correction: The provider will conduct two shelter in place drills for the year.
Standard #: 8VAC20-800-60-B Description: Repeat Violation
Based on record review, children's records did not contain required information.
1. Child #2's(Start date-03/28/2022), Child #3's(Start date-11/29/2021) and Child #4's (Start date-01/26/2022) records did not contain documentation of the review of the children's emergency contact information.
2. Child #1's(Start date-07/05/2023) and Child #2's (Start date-03/28/2022) records did not contain a policy number for medical insurance.
3. Child #2's record (Start date-03/28/2022) did not contain an address for a second emergency contact.
Plan of Correction: The provider will get the missing information for each child's record from the parents and document the record.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.
Virginia Quality is a voluntary quality rating and improvement system for early care and education facilities serving children ages birth through pre-K. To find programs participating in Virginia Quality, click here.