The purpose of the Neighborhood Assistance Program (NAP) is to encourage businesses, trusts and individuals to make donations to approved 501(c)(3) organizations for the benefit of low-income persons. The program has $15 million in tax credits where $7 million is allocated for DSS, to administer for General Human Services and $8 million is allocated for DOE to administer for Education Organizations. To be eligible for participation in the Neighborhood Assistance Program, the non-profit organization must meet set criteria in an application process.
NAP applications are available in March of each year. All applications must be received no later than the first business day of May. Those applicants submitting all required information and reports and meeting the eligibility criteria will be determined an approved organization.
Approved NAP organizations are awarded allocations of tax credits on a basis of proven operational success and their capacity to serve low-income persons. Each organization is approved for a 12-month period (July 1 - June 30) and must re-apply each year to participate. These organizations provide services for their clients to include:
- Job training
- Housing assistance
- Health care clinics
- Community services
A business may submit contributions directly to the NAP approved organization. Contributions can be in the form of:
- Cash (check or credit card)
- Real estate
- Rent or lease of the participating nonprofits' facilities
- Professional services
- Contracting Services
- Healthcare Services/Mediation Services
A Trust should follow all business donation rules. Individual or married couples are limited to contributions of cash or marketable securities. In return for their contributions, businesses, trusts and individuals may receive tax credits equal to 65 percent of the donation that may be applied against their state income tax liability.
For more detailed information, please review the "Donor Fact Sheet."
Guidance & Procedures
- Certification of Donation Value (DOC)
- Certification of Proceeds Recieved (DOC)
- Contribution Data Sheet (DOC)
- Contribution Notification Form CNF-A (DOC)
- Contribution Notification Form CNF-B (DOC)
- Contribution Notification Form CNF-C (DOC)
- Contribution Notification Form CNF-D (DOC)
- Contribution Notification Form CNF-E (DOC)
- Contribution Notification Form CNF-H (DOC)
- Services Contribution Data Sheet (DOC)
- Services Contribution Data Sheet- Pharmacists (DOC)