Virginia's Refugee Resettlement Program supports refugees with social integration and economic empowerment. Support services available to refugee-eligible clients include employment, health, education, youth mentoring, services for older refugees and foster care for unaccompanied refugee minors through the Unaccompanied Refugee Minor Foster Care (URM) program. VDSS works in partnership with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and federally-contracted agencies to administer the URM program.
Refugee services are currently provided by six resettlement agencies across the state: Catholic Charities Diocese of Arlington- Migration and Refugee Services, Commonwealth Catholic Charities, Church World Service, Ethiopian Community Development Council, International Rescue Committee and Lutheran Social Services. Click here for Resettlement Contracts.
Reports & Information
- 2021 Kick-Off Meeting (MP4)
- Virginia Refugee Statistics (XLSX)
Virginia's Resettlement Agencies
- Catholic Charities Diocese of Arlington - Migration and Refugee Services
- Church World Service
- Commonwealth Catholic Charities
- Ethiopian Community Development Council
- International Rescue Committee (Charlottesville)
- International Rescue Committee (Richmond)
- Lutheran Social Services