There are three ways to PIN your P-EBT card and manage your benefits account. Secure information detailing how to PIN your card is also included in the envelope with your card.
- Call 1-866-281-2448
- Visit connectebt.com/ and log on
- Download the ConnectEBT app on your mobile phone via the App Store or Play Store
- Enter the 12-digit EBT card number located on the front of the card
- Enter the date of birth of the oldest child receiving free or reduced meals. (You will need to enter the date of birth of the oldest child receiving free or reduced meals.)
- Enter 0000 when asked for the last 4 digits of your social security number (SSN). (If at any time the full SSN is needed, it will be 000-00-0000)
- Enter a four-digit pin number (four numbers you will remember)
Due to an error that occurred with our P-EBT card vendor, some households may have recently received a P-EBT card that is not working (even when successfully PINed). If you recently received a card that does not work, a second card will be mailed to you. If you have already PINed an earlier issued card, you may use that same PIN on the new card you receive.You do not need to take any action at this time to report your invalid card, as we have identified households affected by this error. A call to the P-EBT phone line or P-EBT Inquiry Form submission is not necessary and may further delay the processing of your benefits. Eligible households can expect to receive a card mailed to the address provided by their child's school no later than September 30.