The Virginia Department of Social Services, in conjunction with the Virginia Department of Health, are committed to the fight against COVID-19. Have you downloaded COVIDWISE, Virginia's COVID-19 exposure notification app? Add your phone to the fight here. For up-to-date information, assistance, and resources from across state government, click here.
In addition to this page, which is updated regularly with the most timely information and guidance from the department, VDSS has launched COVID-19 Virginia Resources, a mobile app and website designed to streamline access to critical and actionable resources from 2-1-1 Virginia, CommonHelp, and a myriad of other state and federal agencies.
The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is working closely with the Northam administration, the COVID-19 Taskforce, as well as local partners and stakeholders to respond to COVID-19.
How can we help you?
- Are you looking for Assisted Living Facility Guidance or FAQs?
- Are you looking for child care? Call 866-KIDS-TLC or visit VaChildCare.com
- Have Virginia Child Care Licensing Program questions?
- Have Virginia Child Care Subsidy Program questions?
- Have you lost your job or had wages reduced?
- Do you need help applying for cash, food and/or medical assistance?
- Are you a SNAP participant with questions about purchasing eligible food items online? Read the SNAP online shopping FAQs.
- Need help with rent or mortgage payments?
- Need help offsetting your home energy expenses?
- Need help accessing health care?
- Looking for Child Support answers and FAQs? You can also email email@example.com or visit the 24-hour online payment and case information portal
- Are you looking to get a fingerprint background check through Fieldprint?
COVID-19 Related Program ResourcesChild
Visit or download COVID-19 Virginia Resources
Have a general question?
From the Governor's Office
To view more press conferences from Governor Northam, please visit the Governor of Virginia Facebook page.