COVID-19 Assistance Announcements
- Energy Assistance Program Accepting Cooling Assistance Applications and Releasing Supplemental Payments
- Virginia Extends Certification Period for Its Core Assistance Programs
- Virginia Receives Approval to Implement Pandemic EBT Program
- Virginia Receives USDA Approval to Join SNAP Online Purchasing Pilot Program
- Virginia's SNAP Program Issues Emergency Benefits
The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is working closely with administration, including the Virginia Department of Health, the Virginia Department of Emergency Management, the COVID-19 Taskforce, local partners, and stakeholders to activate emergency procedures.
The Virginia Department of Social Services develops and administers programs that provide timely and accurate income support benefits and employment services to families and individuals in the Commonwealth. These programs assist citizens as they transition from dependency on public assistance programs to self-sufficiency.
What do I need to apply?
|Program||Name||Address||Date of Birth||Social Security #||Citizenship Status||IRS Tax Filing Info||Apply Now|
|CHILD CARE*||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Learn More|
|*Please note that Child Care changes cannot be renewed or reported online|