It is the responsibility of the employer to notify us when an employee has been laid off, sent home without pay, or terminated. If an employee is still employed but not receiving payment such as because of a furlough, then please contact us with additional details. If a payment becomes 30 days past due, interest may apply in accordance with the child support order.
Employers, we value your patience and support. We highly encourage you to remit child support payments electronically. There are various options offered to help employers select an electronic funds transfer (EFT) method and the use of EFT has benefits for your business.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
You should contact us at our customer service number to provide us with more information, such as the employee's name and date of layoff. If you were remitting payments under an income withholding order, you should complete the Notification of Employment Termination on that order and return it to us by email, at the address listed in the introduction on this page, or by mail at 801 East Main Street Richmond, VA 23219.
- Allocating Among Multiple Income Witholding Orders (PDF)
- Compliance Guide for Qualified Medical Child Support Oders (U.S. Department of Labor) (PDF)
- Electronic Payroll Withholding (PDF)
- National Medical Support Notice - Announcement to Employers (PDF)
- Pay Child Support Electronically
- Report New Hires