Family Engagement Services
If you are a noncustodial parent and you struggle with housing, employment, or another barrier, contact us about our Family Engagement services.
Through Family Engagement, the Division helps parents overcome obstacles to provide emotional and financial support for their children.
We Can Help You:
- Assess your barriers
- Create a plan of action
- Connect with community organizations
- Improve your job skills
- Keep momentum through regular touchpoints
- Provide financial assistance for job readiness equipment
- Obtain a review of your support obligation
- Reduce your TANF debt (for eligible participants)
Partners and Portals
Job Search Options
The Virginia Employment Commission maintains many helpful links for job seekers, from local boards to international organizations.
How can DSS help you
- Have you lost your job or had wages reduced?
- Do you need help applying for cash, food and/or medical assistance?
- Need help finding meal sites for children?
- Have Child Support questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the 24-hour online payment and case information portal
Virginia Resources for Fathers
National Resources for Fathers