Heritage Child Development Center
224 Mosby Blvd.
Berryville, VA 22611
Current Inspector: Barbara Workman
Inspection Date: Nov. 18, 2019
Complaint Related: No
- Areas Reviewed:
22VAC40-185 STAFF QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING.
22VAC40-185 PHYSICAL PLANT.
22VAC40-185 STAFFING AND SUPERVISION.
22VAC40-185 SPECIAL CARE PROVISIONS AND EMERGENCIES.
22VAC40-185 SPECIAL SERVICES.
22VAC40-191 Background Checks (22VAC40-191)
An unannounced mandated inspection was completed on 11/18/2019 from 10:00 A.M. until 3:00 P.M. At the time of the inspection 51 children were in care with nine staff and two administrators present. Five children's records, six staff records, one over the counter medications and required documentation, required posted information, evacuation drills, seven injury reports, first aid kits and supplies, emergency plan and outside play area were reviewed. Children were observed during small group activities, craft activities, free choice activities that included dramatic play, building, fine motor manipulatives, handwashing,music and movement, infant feeding, infant interactions, diapering, behavioral guidance, lunchtime, and naptime. The exceptions to compliance are noted on the violation notice.
If you have questions or concerns contact the licensing inspector at (540)-430-9257 for further assistance.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-40-G Description: Based on review of five children's records, the center failed to obtain proof of child identity and age requirements for two children.
1. Child #1's file did not contain documentation of proof of identity. Date of enrollment was 10/01/2019.
2. Child #2's file did not contain documentation of proof of identity. Date of enrollment was 08/20/2019.
3. Staff verified that the file did not contain documentation of proof of identity.
Plan of Correction: Parents will be contacted and request proof of birth be brought in at next day of attendance.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-270-A Description: Based on observation, the center failed to maintain all equipment in a safe and operable condition.
1. The play structure on the Toddler Playground had paint peeling and rust on the side of the play structure. The area is accessible to children.
2. Staff verified that the structure had paint peeling and was rusting in areas that were accessible to children.
Plan of Correction: Administration will put in a request to have the structure sanded and painted.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-570-E Description: Based on observation, the center failed to ensure that all prepared infant formula bottles were dated and labeled with the child's name.
1. In Classroom #1 there was one bottle in the refrigerator that was not labeled with the date.
2. In Classroom #2 there was one bottle in the refrigerator that was not labeled with the child's name.
3. Staff verified that there was one bottle not labeled with a name, and one bottle not labeled with a date.
Plan of Correction: Administration will review the standards regarding infant formula with the staff and complete spot checks in the classroom to ensure that bottles are being labeled with the name of the child and the date.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.