KinderCare Learning Center #741
8350 White Feather Court
Lorton, VA 22079
Current Inspector: Stacy Doyle (571) 835-0386
Inspection Date: Feb. 7, 2020
Complaint Related: No
- Areas Reviewed:
22VAC40-185 PHYSICAL PLANT.
22VAC40-185 SPECIAL CARE PROVISIONS AND EMERGENCIES.
22VAC40-185 SPECIAL SERVICES.
22VAC40-80 THE LICENSE.
63.2 Facilities & Programs.
- Technical Assistance:
Discussed teachers belongings and best place to store them.
Discussed emergency medications.
Discussed infant mattress replacements.
An unannounced monitoring inspection was conducted from 8:30am-12:30pm. At the time of entrance, 82 children were in care with 14 staff members present. Children were observed during breakfast, engaged in group activities, hand washing, table toys, center play and dressing up in various occupations. The infants were observed being fed bottles and infant food, engaged in floor play and one infant was sleeping. The site was clean, organized and contained an abundant supply of developmentally appropriate materials. Interactions between the children and staff were positive. A selection of staff and children records, the physical space, evacuation drills, attendance records, injury reports, medications and the Emergency Preparedness Plan were reviewed. Areas of non-compliance are identified in the violation notice. Please contact me if you have any questions at Stacy.Doyle@dss.virginia.gov or 571-835-0386.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-270-A Description: Based on observation, areas and equipment of the centerinside were not maintained in a safe and operable condition.
1. In the Pre-school classroom, the paint was chipping near the window and the black baseboard was peeling.
2. In the School-Age room, the paint was peeling near the window.
3. In the children's bathroom, there were 4 broken tiles.
4. In the Pre-K classroom, there was paint peeling by the second window to the left.
5. In the Discover classroom, there was chipped paint by the first left window, on the sides and sill. There was a large crack on the right arm of the chair.
6. In the Infant room, there was chipped painting near the window and there were holes in three of the corners of the climbing toy.
Plan of Correction: Director stated that an additional work order has been put in to paint the classrooms. Also, the chair was thrown away during the inspection and the Director ordered a new one during the time of inspection.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-280-B Description: Based on observation, hazardous substances such as cleaning materials were not kept in a locked place using a safe locking method that prevents access by children.
1. In the School Age room, cleaning solutions were located in an unlocked cabinet above the sink. There was a safety lock on the cabinet; however, the lock was not clasped together.
Plan of Correction: The lock was replaced during the time of inspection.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-520-C Description: Based on observation, the center did not meet all requirements when using diaper creams.
1. In the Toddler classroom, diaper creams were located under a diaper changing station that was not locked and accessible to children.
Plan of Correction: The cabinet was locked during the time of inspection.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.