13565 Melville Lane
Chantilly, VA 20151
Current Inspector: Karen Dickens (571) 423-6978
Inspection Date: Feb. 5, 2020
Complaint Related: No
- Areas Reviewed:
22VAC40-111 Household Members
22VAC40-111 Physical Health of Caregivers and Household Members
22VAC40-111 Caregiver Training
22VAC40-111 Physical Environment and Equipment
22VAC40-111 Care of Children
22VAC40-111 Preventing the Spread of Disease
22VAC40-111 Medication Administration
22VAC40-191 Background Checks for Child Welfare Agencies
- Technical Assistance:
Discussions were had with the provider regarding the following topics:
- the provider needs a new lock for the cabinet under the bathroom sink
- clarification on the providers medication policy. Staff must be MAT trained in order to administer any medication to enrolled children.
An unannounced monitoring inspection was conducted today between 10:20am and 1:00pm. There were 8 children present with the Provider and 1 assistant for a total of 22 points within the supervision guidelines. The children were observed drawing and coloring in shapes, counting, lining up manipulatives, singing songs and eating lunch (chicken, green beans, apple slices, bread and milk) and napping. There is an ample amount of supplies and activities available for the children. A complete inspection of the physical plant, children and staff records, fire drill log, attendance and emergency procedures were observed during this inspection. Thank you for your cooperation. If you have any questions, please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-800-B Description: Based on observation, the providers emergency plan has not been reviewed at least annually.
Evidence: The most recent documented review of the emergency plan is dated 8/26/2018.
Plan of Correction: I'll review today.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-870-G Description: Based on observation, tables were not cleaned after each use.
Evidence: A group of children were observed sitting at the table coloring, doing various counting activities and singing songs. The children got up from the table to go to the bathroom and wash their hands while lunch was being served. The table was not sanitized after the children were finished with their activity/before lunch was served.
Plan of Correction: We'll start doing that tomorrow.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-920 Description: Based on observation, a weekly menu was not posted.
Evidence: The family day home provides meals to the children. There is no menu posted.
Plan of Correction: I'll be posted.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-960-E Description: Based on observation, bottles were not labeled with children's full name and the date.
Evidence: There were two bottles observed in the providers refrigerator that were not labeled with a name or date.
Plan of Correction: We will inform the parents today for them to start doing it tomorrow.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-60-B Description: Based on record review, children's records did not contain all required information.
1. Child #1 file does not contain two emergency contacts.
2. Child #2 file does not contain the child's first date of attendance, documentation of acknowledgement of the providers emergency preparedness plan, the providers liability declaration, or directions of what to do in case of the accidental ingestion of an allergen (allergen documented).
3. Child #3 and Child #4 files do not contain documentation of acknowledgement of the providers emergency preparedness plan and the providers liability declaration.
Plan of Correction: It'll be done within a week.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-180-A Description: Based on record review, the provider has not obtained for each caregiver and adult household member a subsequent tuberculosis (TB) screening every two years.
1. The providers most recent documented TB screening is dated 8/11/2017.
2. Household member #1 most recent documented TB screening is dated 8/11/2017.
Plan of Correction: I know we did it recently. I'll have to contact the doctor's office to get the results.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-680-B Description: Based on observation, caregivers did not ensure that all children's hands are washed with liquid soap and warm running as required.
1. Infants were observed having their diapers changed. The children's hands were not washed after diapering.
2. 5 out of 8 children's hands were not washed prior to eating lunch. The children's hands were wiped with baby wipes.
Plan of Correction: We'll start doing it today.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.