Kiddie Academy of Leesburg
400 Sycolin Rd SE
Leesburg, VA 20175
Current Inspector: Charles Perkins (703) 309-3963
Complaint Related: No
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-130-B Description: Based on review, 1 of 10 children files indicated that the center did not obtain documentation of additional immunizations once every six months for children under the age of two years.
1. On the date of inspection (10/04/2019), the current immunization page on file for Child #6 was dated - 01/21/2019.
2. Child #6 was under the age of two (2) years on the date of inspection.
Plan of Correction: The Parent of Child #6 has been contacted. Once this documentation has been obtained, it shall be placed on file.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-70-A Description: Based on review, 2 of 10 staff files indicated that not all of the required documentation was contained within each staff record.
1. On the date of inspection (10/04/2019), documentation of two or more references as to character and reputation as well as competency checked before being hired was not available for review for: Staff #6 (1 of 2 references available), and Staff #8 (1 of 2 references available).
2. The start date for Staff #6 was listed as 08/21/2019. The start date for Staff #8 was listed as 06/20/2019.
Plan of Correction: The missing documentation shall be found, or (if needed) checked again and placed in applicable file.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-430-H Description: Based on observation and interview, a trampoline was in use.
1. On the date of inspection (10/04/2019) at approximately 10:30 am, within the "Busy Bees" room, a child within that room was observed bouncing on a small size trampoline.
2. The Lead Teacher within the room stated (during an interview conducted on the date of inspection) that this piece of equipment is intended for those children with greater needs to use it in order to relieve built up energy.
Plan of Correction: The center feels that this equipment is a benefit for the children in that room. The center will go forward an complete a request for an Allowable Variance (AV) for this particular standard. In the meantime, the trampoline shall be removed from the room and not used until such time that the AV is approved. The trampoline was removed on the date of inspection.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.Virginia Quality is a voluntary quality rating and improvement system for early care and education facilities serving children ages birth through pre-K. Eligible child care facilities must be fully licensed, licensed exempt and a VDSS subsidy vendor, or a voluntary registered day home and a VDSS subsidy vendor. Only programs enrolled in Virginia Quality will display a rating. Virginia Quality contact information for your region is available at the following link Regional Contacts.