Sparkles! at Fair Oaks
12001 Lee Highway
Fairfax, VA 22030
Current Inspector: Stacy Doyle (571) 835-0386
Inspection Date: Oct. 25, 2019
Complaint Related: No
- Areas Reviewed:
22VAC40-185 STAFF QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING.
22VAC40-185 PHYSICAL PLANT.
22VAC40-185 STAFFING AND SUPERVISION.
22VAC40-185 SPECIAL CARE PROVISIONS AND EMERGENCIES.
22VAC40-185 SPECIAL SERVICES.
22VAC40-80 THE LICENSE.
22VAC40-80 THE LICENSING PROCESS.
22VAC40-191 Background Checks (22VAC40-191)
63.2 Child Abuse & Neglect
63.2(17) License & Registration Procedures
63.2 Facilities & Programs.
- Technical Assistance:
Discussed table cleaning and sanitizing after meals and snacks. Discussed all pages of the violation report and summary report must be posted.
An unannounced renewal inspection was conducted from 8:3 am-1:15pm. At the time of entrance, 81 children were in care with 16 staff members present. Children were observed during snack time, washing hands, singing, reading books and playing in centers. Infants were observed playing with toys, being fed and sleeping. Interactions between the children and staff were positive. A selection of staff and children records, the physical space, emergency supplies, evacuation drills, attendance records, injury reports, medications and the Emergency Preparedness Plan were reviewed. . Areas of non-compliance are identified in the violation notice. Please contact me if you have any questions at Stacy.Doyle@dss.virginia.gov or 571-835-0386.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-270-A Description: Based on observation, areas and equipment of the center inside and outside were not maintained in a safe and operable condition.
1. Five tricycles (1 red - missing the right pedal, 2 yellow -missing left pedals, 1 yellow - missing right pedal and 1 yellow missing both pedals) that were on the playground were missing foot pedals.
2. In the 2's classroom, the tile was damaged, cracked and missing a part of the tile near the window.
3. In the school age classroom, four tiles under the children cubbies were damaged, cracked and missing a chunk of the tile and 2 tiles in the children's bathroom were damaged and cracked and missing a chuck of the tile.
4. In the Preschool 3A class, there was a hole in the bathroom door near the latch.
Plan of Correction: I will replace all the pedals, replace the door and tiles.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-500-A Description: Based on observation, the center did not have children wash their hands with soap and water after eating meals or snacks.
1. In the Pre-K classroom, two children were observed eating their snack and then got up to play without washing their hands first.,
2. In the Preschool 3A classroom, one child was observed eating at the table and then went directly to circle time without washing her hands.
Plan of Correction: We will have a staff meeting to go over hand washing and proper sanitizing.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.
Virginia Quality is a voluntary quality rating and improvement system for early care and education facilities serving children ages birth through pre-K. To find programs participating in Virginia Quality, click here.