Haygood KinderCare #300940
4621 Crossborough Rd.
Virginia beach, VA 23455
Current Inspector: Heather Harrell (757) 334-4329
Inspection Date: Oct. 28, 2019
Complaint Related: No
- Areas Reviewed:
22VAC40-185 STAFF QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING.
22VAC40-185 PHYSICAL PLANT.
22VAC40-185 STAFFING AND SUPERVISION.
22VAC40-185 SPECIAL CARE PROVISIONS AND EMERGENCIES.
22VAC40-185 SPECIAL SERVICES.
22VAC40-191 Background Checks (22VAC40-191)
63.2(17) License & Registration Procedures
63.2 Facilities & Programs.
An unannounced monitoring inspection was conducted on 10/28/19 from 11:50am until 2:10pm. At the time of the tour, there were 61 children in care with 9 staff present. A sample of 6 children's records and 6 staff records were reviewed. Children were observed playing outside on the playground and resting quietly during nap time. Infants were observed engaging with staff in music and story time. Hand washing and restroom procedures were also observed. Medication, transportation, first aid and emergency supplies, the emergency preparedness plan, documentation of emergency practice drills, children's injury reports and center postings were reviewed. Three violations in the area of administration are identified on the violation notice and were discussed with the center director during the exit interview.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-130-B Description: Based on record review and interview, the center did not ensure that documentation of additional immunizations are obtained once every six months for children under the age of two years.
1. The most recent immunization record on file at the center for child 2, age 1 year, is dated 11/27/18. Child 2 was due for an updated immunization record in May 2019.
2. The center director confirmed that updated immunization records for child 2 were not obtained within the required time frame.
Plan of Correction: The center responded with the following: The center will contact the parent and request an updated immunization record for child 2.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-140-A Description: Based on record review and interview, the center did not ensure that each child shall have a physical examination by or under the direction of a physician before the child's attendance or within one month after attendance.
1. Child 1 has a documented date of enrollment of 7/8/19. The record for child 1 contains documentation of a physical examination dated 9/10/19, which is outside of the required time frame.
2. The center director confirmed that the record for child 1 does not contain documentation of a physical examination within the required time frame.
Plan of Correction: The center responded with the following: The parent provided a copy of the physical for child 1 within 30 days of enrollment; however, it could not be located in the child's record as it was mistakenly discarded when the parent provided updated medical records. Going forward, management will ensure that all required documentation for children's records are retained in their files.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-160-A Description: Based on record review and interview, the center did not ensure each staff member shall submit documentation of a negative tuberculosis screening.
1. The record for staff 1 (date of hire: 7/15/19) contains documentation that a tuberculosis test was administered on 7/11/19 but no documentation that the test was read. Staff 1 was working and caring for children on the day of the inspection.
2. The center director confirmed that staff 1 did not have a completed tuberculosis screening on file.
Plan of Correction: The center responded with the following: Staff 1 will obtain a TB screening by 10/29/19.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.
Virginia Quality is a voluntary quality rating and improvement system for early care and education facilities serving children ages birth through pre-K. To find programs participating in Virginia Quality, click here.