Just Kids Child Development Center
120 Shavers-Johnson Street
Danville, VA 24540
Current Inspector: Rebecca Forestier (540) 309-2835
Inspection Date: Nov. 14, 2019
Complaint Related: No
- Areas Reviewed:
22VAC40-185 STAFF QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING.
22VAC40-185 PHYSICAL PLANT.
22VAC40-185 STAFFING AND SUPERVISION.
22VAC40-185 SPECIAL CARE PROVISIONS AND EMERGENCIES.
22VAC40-185 SPECIAL SERVICES.
22VAC40-80 THE LICENSE.
22VAC40-191 Background Checks (22VAC40-191)
63.2(17) License & Registration Procedures
An unannounced renewal inspection was completed on 11/14/2019. There were 10 children, ages 3 years-6 years, and 5 staff present during the inspection. The inspector reviewed 5 children's records and 5 staff records during the inspection. Board officer/agent records for the corporation have been previously reviewed. The staff stated that medication is not being administered. Children were observed in the following activities: having lunch, during nap time, during afternoon snack and watching a movie. The inspector reviewed the update injury prevention plans, emergency preparedness plan and emergency supplies during the inspection. The inspector discussed nutrition, the facility, health records, and transportation with the provider. The inspector arrived for the inspection at 11:20 a.m. and departed at 3:15 p.m. If you have any questions, please contact Becky Forestier at 540-309-2835.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-60-A Description: Based on record review and discussion with the staff, the facility failed to ensure that the separate record for each child enrolled shall contain all of the elements as required by the standards.
1. The record for Child #1 did not contain the following information: names of person authorized to pick up the child, allergies and intolerance to food, medication, or any other substances and actions to take in an emergency situation, and the name of any additional programs or schools that the child is concurrently attending.
2. The record for Child #2 did not contain documentation of child updates and confirmation of up-to-date information in the child's record as required by 22VAC40-185-420-E-3
3. The record for Child #4 did not contain documentation of child updates and confirmation of up-to-date information in the child's record as required by 22VAC40-185-420-E-3
Plan of Correction: The program director will get the missing information from parents today. Follow-up with parents and make sure all files are complete by December.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-70-A Description: Based on record review, the facility failed to ensure that each staff record shall contain all of the elements as required by the standards.
Evidence: The record for Staff #5 did not contain documentation that two or more references as to character and reputation, as well as competency, were checked before employment.
Plan of Correction: The reference checks will be done.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-240-C Description: Based on document review and discussion with the staff, the facility failed to ensure that program directors and staff who work directly with children shall annually attend 16 hours of staff development activities that shall be related to child safety and development and the function of the center.
1. The record for Staff #2 did not contain documentation of having completed any annual training hours.
2. The record for Staff #3 contained documentation of having completed only 7 annual training hours.
3. The record for Staff #4 contained documentation of having completed only 3 annual training hours.
4. The record for Staff #5 contained documentation of having completed only 9 annual training hours.
Plan of Correction: Online training will be done.
Standard #: 22VAC40-191-60-C-2 Description: Based on record review and discussion with the staff, the facility failed to obtain a central registry finding within 30 days of employment.
Evidence: The record for Staff #1 has a documented hire date of 08/09/2019; the date on the central registry finding was 10/07/2019.
Plan of Correction: Document within 30 days if not received.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.Virginia Quality is a voluntary quality rating and improvement system for early care and education facilities serving children ages birth through pre-K. Eligible child care facilities must be fully licensed, licensed exempt and a VDSS subsidy vendor, or a voluntary registered day home and a VDSS subsidy vendor. Only programs enrolled in Virginia Quality will display a rating. Virginia Quality contact information for your region is available at the following link Regional Contacts.