Creative Learning Center of Farmville
1719 West Third Street
Farmville, VA 23901
Current Inspector: Kelly Campbell (540) 309-2494
Inspection Date: Nov. 14, 2019
Complaint Related: No
- Areas Reviewed:
22VAC40-185 STAFF QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING.
22VAC40-185 PHYSICAL PLANT.
22VAC40-185 STAFFING AND SUPERVISION.
22VAC40-185 SPECIAL CARE PROVISIONS AND EMERGENCIES.
22VAC40-185 SPECIAL SERVICES.
22VAC40-191 Background Checks (22VAC40-191)
An unannounced monitoring inspection was completed on 11/14/2019. There were 35 children in care with 13 staff supervising the children. The inspector arrived at 8 A.M. and departed the program at 12:30 PM. Five children's and ten staff's and three medication's were reviewed during the inspection.
Children were observed: arrival, breakfast and morning snack, free play, diapering, lunch and nap.
Discussion with director about: attending Phase two training in licensing office December 17, 2019 and record keeping for staff and children.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-130-B Description: Based on review of five children's records, the center failed to ensure that documentation of immunizations were obtained once every six months for children under the age of two years.
Child # 3 most recent immunization record was from 2/2018. They are required to be updated every six months for children under the age of two years.
Plan of Correction: The director will contact the parent and have the parent to update the immunizations. In the future all dates will be monitored.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-160-A Description: Based on review of ten staff's records, the center failed to ensure that each staff member and individual from an independent contractor shall submit documentation of a negative tuberculosis screening. Documentation of the screening shall be submitted no later than 21 days after employment or volunteering and shall have been completed within 12 months prior to or 21 days after employing or volunteering.
1. Staff # 1 was hired on 9/20/2019 and on the day of the inspection the staff person did not have a completed TB screening or Test
2. Staff # 3 was hired 9/24/2019 and on the day of the inspection the staff person did not have a completed TB screening or Test.
3.Staff # 4 was hired on 8/26/2019 and on the day of the inspection the staff person did not have a completed TB screening or Test.
Plan of Correction: The director will send staff to obtain the TB screening today and will monitor dates.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-240-A Description: Based on review of ten staff's records, the center failed to ensure that orientation training was completed by the end of their first day of assuming job responsibilities .
1. Staff # 8, 9 and 10 started on 11/11/2019 and did not have orientation completed on the day of the inspection.
Plan of Correction: The director will complete the orientation today and in the future it will be completed on their first day of assuming the job.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-510-G Description: Based on observation, the center failed to ensure that all medications meed the requirements per the standard.
1. Child # 5 medications states that the manufacturer recommend directions for children under six is to consult a physician. Child # 5 is under the age of two years. The authorization was completed by the parent only. The authorization requires physician's orders to be administered to children under the age of six.
Plan of Correction: The director will contact the parent today and will have the authorization completed.
Standard #: 22VAC40-191-60-C-2 Description: Based on review of ten staff's records, the center failed to ensure that all CPS background checks were returned within the 30 days of hire.
1. Staff # 3 was hired on 9/24/2019 and on the day of the inspection a CPS check has not been returned. Staff # 4 was hired on 8/26/2019 and no documentation of a CPS check. There was no documentation of contact with OBI (Office of Background Information) in the records for staff # 3 and 4.
Plan of Correction: The director will contact the OBI office and if need be redo all backgrounds that have not been returned. In the future dates will be monitor.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.