860 Dranesville Road
Herndon, VA 20170
Current Inspector: Mary J. Wizbicki (703) 479-4707
Inspection Date: Nov. 19, 2019
Complaint Related: No
- Areas Reviewed:
22VAC40-185 STAFF QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING.
22VAC40-185 PHYSICAL PLANT.
22VAC40-185 STAFFING AND SUPERVISION.
22VAC40-185 SPECIAL CARE PROVISIONS AND EMERGENCIES.
22VAC40-185 SPECIAL SERVICES.
22VAC40-80 THE LICENSE.
22VAC40-191 Background Checks (22VAC40-191)
63.2 Facilities & Programs.
- Technical Assistance:
Discussed the following with the Assistant Director:
- What needs to be completed for the center to post confidential information of children in care.
- Medications required for a child in care
- Reviewed timelines for background checks
- Online Auvi Q training module
An unannounced monitoring inspection was completed today. The physical plant, 6 staff files, 5 children's files, annual fire and health inspection, staff training, child nutrition, children's activities, emergency procedures, drills and supplies were inspected between 1:20-3:10pm. There were a total of 48 children with 8 staff; all ratios were in compliance. For lunch, the children were served macaroni and cheese, peas, banana, whole wheat bread and milk. Today, the children made craft projects while learning about numbers, participated in circle time, were fed afternoon snack (infants), read books, listened to music and rested during naptime. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-160-C Description: Based on record review, 1 out of 5 staff did not obtain subsequent tuberculosis (TB) test/screening results every two years.
1. Staff #1's most recent TB test result is dated 4/13/17.
Plan of Correction: This will be completed again.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-60-A Description: Based on file review, 2 out of 5 children's records do not have all required information.
1. Children #2 and #3 do not have the name, address, and phone number of two designated people to call in an emergency if a parent cannot be reached.
2. Children #2 and #3 have a food allergy/intolerance listed in their record. However, there is no action to take in case of an emergency situation on file.
Plan of Correction: The Assistant Director will ask the parent to bring documentation of an action plan for the children.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-70-A Description: Based on file review, 1 out of 5 staff records do not have all required information on file.
1. Staff #2 does not have written information to demonstrate that she possesses the education required by the job position.
Plan of Correction: The Assistant Director will ask staff #2 to bring this to keep on file.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-280-B Description: Based on observations, there were cleaning materials left in an area accessible to children.
1. In the bathroom downstairs, there were cleaning supplies in the unlocked cabinet under the sink.
2. In the Toddler classroom, there were bottles of cleaning supplies in the unlocked cabinet under the sink.
Plan of Correction: These cabinets will be locked.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-290-3 Description: Based on observations, there were outlets without safety protective covers in the center.
1. In the Toddler classroom, there were 2 outlets without safety protective covers.
Plan of Correction: Covers will be placed on these.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-450-A Description: Based on observations, there was a child without a top and bottom cover or a one-piece covering which is open on three edges during naptime.
1. In the downstairs classroom, there was a child resting on a mat without a top or a bottom cover available for use.
Plan of Correction: The center has extra linens, but they are all in use. The Assistant Director will remind the parents to bring linens.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-510-G Description: Based on observations, there was a medication at the center, which was not kept in the original, labeled container.
1. Child #1 requires an Auvi-Q. This was not kept in the original container. The 2 Auvi-Qs and the trainer were kept in a zippered pouch with no identifying information on them .
Plan of Correction: The Assistant Director will ask the parent to bring in the original container to the center.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-570-E Description: Based on observation, infant bottles were not labeled with today's date.
1. The refrigerator in the Older infant classroom contained 2 bottles that did not contain the date.
2. The refrigerator in the Infant classroom contained 1 bottle that did not contain the date.
Plan of Correction: These will be dated.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.Virginia Quality is a voluntary quality rating and improvement system for early care and education facilities serving children ages birth through pre-K. Eligible child care facilities must be fully licensed, licensed exempt and a VDSS subsidy vendor, or a voluntary registered day home and a VDSS subsidy vendor. Only programs enrolled in Virginia Quality will display a rating. Virginia Quality contact information for your region is available at the following link Regional Contacts.