Dawning Point Learning Center
805 Lyons Blvd.
Fredericksburg, VA 22406
Current Inspector: Morgan Bryson (540) 270-0057
Inspection Date: Nov. 25, 2019
Complaint Related: No
- Areas Reviewed:
22VAC40-185 STAFF QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING.
22VAC40-185 PHYSICAL PLANT.
22VAC40-185 STAFFING AND SUPERVISION.
22VAC40-185 SPECIAL CARE PROVISIONS AND EMERGENCIES.
22VAC40-185 SPECIAL SERVICES.
22VAC40-80 THE LICENSE.
22VAC40-191 Background Checks (22VAC40-191)
63.2 Child Abuse & Neglect
63.2(17) License & Registration Procedures
63.2 Facilities & Programs.
An unannounced monitoring inspection was conducted today from 10:05am-1:05pm. There were 51 children directly supervised by 10 staff and all classrooms were in ratio. The physical plant, outdoor playground area, programming, menus, 5 staff records, 6 children?s records, 2 medications, evacuation drills, injury reports, emergency supplies, and policies were inspected. Children were observed listening to storytime about Thanksgiving, completing pilgrim, Native American, and turkey crafts, and eating snack which consisted of goldfish, graham crackers, milk and water. Positive interactions between children and staff were observed during this inspection. Adequate staff on site have Daily Health Observation, Medication Administration Training, and CPR/First Aid certification. Areas of non-compliance are identified in the Violation Notice.
Please complete the columns for "Plan of Correction" and "Date to be Corrected" for each violation cited on the violation notice, and then return a signed and dated copy to the licensing office by Wednesday 12/4/19 at 5:00pm. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 540-270-0057 with any questions or clarifications needed.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-60-A Description: Based on record review, 1 of 6 children's records did not contain two complete emergency contacts to include name, address, and telephone number.
1. Child #5's record was missing addresses for 2 of 2 required emergency contacts.
Plan of Correction: File was looked over again and parents filled form in w/ address and numbers.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-280-B Description: Based on observation of the physical plant, hazardous substances were not kept in a locked place using a safe locking method that prevents access by children.
1. Unlocked cleaning supplies were observed in the double door side of the tall cabinet in the Four's classroom. There was a child safety lock, however, it was not fastened.
2. Unlocked cleaning supplies were observed in the single door side of the tall cabinet in the Three's classroom.
3. Unlocked cleaning supplies were observed on the shelf above the sink in the unlocked bathroom in the Two's classroom. In addition, disinfectant wipes and hand santizer were observed on the changing table.
4. Unlocked cleaning supplies were observed in the unlocked cabinet in the bathroom in the Toddler's classroom and the bathroom door was not locked.
Plan of Correction: Owner/Director was on site put locks on cabinet and put cleaning items out of reach of children.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-500-B Description: Based on observation, not all diapering surfaces were nonabsorbent.
1. In the Twaddlers classroom the diapering station had a changing pad with a tear making the diapering surface absorbant and cannot be properly cleaned and sanitized.
2. In the Two's classroom the diapering station had a changing pad with a large tear making the diapering surface absorbant and cannot be properly cleaned and santized.
Plan of Correction: Mats were ordered and replaced!
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-510-A Description: Based on review of medications and accompanying authorizations, the center did not obtain written permission from the parent or guardian.
1. Child #7 has an emergency medication on site and there was no documentation of parental authorization for this medication.
Plan of Correction: All medication was given back to the parent along w/ documentation.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-510-N Description: Based on review of medications and accompanying authorizations, medications were not returned to the parent or disposed of within 14 days of the medication authorization expiration date.
1. Child #8's medication authorization form had an expiration date of 9/4/18 and the medication was observed in the medication box.
Plan of Correction: Medication was returned to parent to get new one. Parent was given new medication form too.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-570-A Description: Based on observation, the center did not ensure that children sitting in feeding tables had protective belts fastened securely.
1. In the Infant classroom, 4 of 6 children sitting at the feeding table did not have protective belts fastened securely.
Plan of Correction: Was ordered 11/20/19
Standard #: 22VAC40-191-60-C-2 Description: Based on record review, 2 of 5 staff records reviewed did not contain the results of the central registry search within 30 days of beginning employment.
1. Staff #4 (Date of Hire: 6/21/19) and Staff #5 (Date of Hire: 6/3/19) did not have central registry search results on file.
Plan of Correction: Called DSS Cent. They will call back in 24 hours. I called again 12/3/2019 left message again.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.
Virginia Quality is a voluntary quality rating and improvement system for early care and education facilities serving children ages birth through pre-K. To find programs participating in Virginia Quality, click here.