Mimmie's Learning Academy
724 Baker Road
Virginia beach, VA 23462
Current Inspector: Heather Harrell (757) 334-4329
Inspection Date: Dec. 19, 2019
Complaint Related: No
- Areas Reviewed:
22VAC40-185 STAFF QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING.
22VAC40-185 PHYSICAL PLANT.
22VAC40-185 STAFFING AND SUPERVISION.
22VAC40-185 SPECIAL CARE PROVISIONS AND EMERGENCIES.
22VAC40-185 SPECIAL SERVICES.
22VAC40-191 Background Checks (22VAC40-191)
63.2(17) License & Registration Procedures
63.2 Facilities & Programs.
An unannounced monitoring inspection was conducted on 12/19/19 from 12:15pm until 1:45pm. At the time of entrance, there were 7 children in care with 4 staff present. A sample of 5 children's records and 4 staff records were reviewed. Children were observed resting quietly during nap time. Restroom and hand washing procedures were also observed. First aid and emergency supplies, transportation, the emergency preparedness plan, documentation of emergency practice drills and center postings were reviewed. The center does not currently administer medication to children in care. Three violations in the areas of administration and background checks are identified on the violation notice and were discussed with the center owner during the exit interview.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-140-A Description: Based on record review and interview, the center did not ensure that each child shall have a physical examination by or under the direction of a physician before the child's attendance or within one month after attendance.
1. The record for child 1 (date of enrollment: 8/26/19) does not contain documentation of a physical examination.
2. The center owner confirmed that the record for child 1 is lacking documentation of a physical examination.
Plan of Correction: The center responded with the following: The parent of child 1 will be contacted today to request a copy of the child's most recent physical.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-60-A Description: Based on record review and interview, the center did not ensure that children's records contain all the required information.
1. The record for child 1 contains only one name, address, and phone number of a designated person to call in an emergency if a parent cannot be reached, where two are required.
2. The center owner confirmed that the record for child 1 contains only one emergency contact person.
Plan of Correction: The center responded with the following: The parent of child 1 will be contacted today to obtain the second emergency contact information.
Standard #: 63.2(17)-1720.1-B-3 Description: Based on record review and interview, the center did not ensure that staff who have lived outside of the state of Virginia within the past 5 years obtain a central registry check from that state.
1. Staff 1 (date of hire: 5/6/19) indicted on her employment application that she has resided in the state of Maryland within the past 5 years. The record for staff 1 does not contain the results of an out-of-state central registry search for the state of Maryland.
2. Staff 1 confirmed that she has resided in the state of Maryland within the past 5 years.
3. The center director confirmed that the record for staff 1 does not contain the results of an out-of-state central registry search for the state of Maryland.
Plan of Correction: The center responded with the following: The out-of-state central registry search form for Maryland will be completed and mailed today.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.Virginia Quality is a voluntary quality rating and improvement system for early care and education facilities serving children ages birth through pre-K. Eligible child care facilities must be fully licensed, licensed exempt and a VDSS subsidy vendor, or a voluntary registered day home and a VDSS subsidy vendor. Only programs enrolled in Virginia Quality will display a rating. Virginia Quality contact information for your region is available at the following link Regional Contacts.