Groomed for Greatness Learning Center II
5038 East Princess Anne Road
Norfolk, VA 23502
Current Inspector: Nanette Roberts (757) 404-2322
Inspection Date: Jan. 6, 2020
Complaint Related: Yes
- Areas Reviewed:
22VAC40-185 STAFFING AND SUPERVISION.
22VAC40-80 THE LICENSE.
The Licensing Inspectors conducted an unannounced complaint inspection on 1/6/20 in response to a complaint that was received in the Licensing office on 12/6/19 concerning supervision and care of the children. Observations were conducted, staff were interviewed, and documentation was reviewed during the investigation. Based on the information gathered during the investigation, the evidence does not support the complaint and the complaint is deemed to be not valid, however violations did result from this inspection. The areas of non-compliance associated with this inspection is on the attached violation notice.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-350-E-1 Complaint related: No Description: Based on observation and interviews, it was determined that the licensee did not ensure that for children, birth to 16 months, a ratio of one staff member for every four children is maintained at all times children are in care.
1. There were 9 children present with staff #1 and staff #2 in the Infant classroom at approximately 8:26am.
2. When staff #1 was asked the ages of the children present, staff #1 stated that children present were two months to one year old. Based on the age of children present in the Infant classroom, the required staff-to child ratio would be one staff for every four children.
3. Staff #1 confirmed that the facility did not maintain the required staff-to-child ratio of one staff for every four children for this grouping of children.
Plan of Correction: The facility responded: Schedules were adjusted to ensure ratio is maintained at all time. The staff member assigned to the infant class was running late, advised to notify Director immediately in the future if unable to report on
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-350-E-3 Complaint related: No Description: Based on observation and interviews, it was determined that the licensee did not ensure that for children, two years of age, a ratio of one staff member for every eight children is maintained at all times children are in care.
1. There were 9 children present with staff #3 in the back classroom that is located beside the kitchen at approximately 8:05am.
2. When staff #3 was asked how old the youngest child was, staff #3 stated that child #1 was 2 years old. Based on the age of child #1, the required staff-to child ratio would be one staff for every eight children.
3. Staff #4 arrived at the facility and entered into the classroom at approximately 8:17am
4. Staff #3 confirmed that the facility did not maintain the required staff-to-child ratio of one staff for every eight children for this grouping of children.
Plan of Correction: The facility responded: Staff advised to notify Director immediately in the future if unable to report on time, to ensure ratio is always maintained.
Standard #: 22VAC40-80-120-E-2 Complaint related: No Description: Based on observation and interview, it was determined that the facility did not ensure that the findings of the most recent inspection of the facility were posted on the premises.
1. The results from the most recent inspection (11/25/19) was not posted anywhere in the facility.
Plan of Correction: The facility responded: The findings of the most recent inspection were posted in the
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.
Virginia Quality is a voluntary quality rating and improvement system for early care and education facilities serving children ages birth through pre-K. To find programs participating in Virginia Quality, click here.