2195 Carter Gallier Blvd.
Powhatan, VA 23139
Current Inspector: Jennifer Moore (540) 430-0384
Inspection Date: Feb. 10, 2020
Complaint Related: No
- Areas Reviewed:
22VAC40-185 STAFF QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING.
22VAC40-185 PHYSICAL PLANT.
22VAC40-185 STAFFING AND SUPERVISION.
22VAC40-185 SPECIAL CARE PROVISIONS AND EMERGENCIES.
22VAC40-185 SPECIAL SERVICES.
22VAC40-80 THE LICENSE.
22VAC40-191 Background Checks (22VAC40-191)
32.1 Report by person other than physician
63.2 Child Abuse & Neglect
63.2(17) License & Registration Procedures
63.2 Facilities & Programs.
The licensing inspector conducted an unannounced monitoring inspection on 02/10/2020 from 1:42am to 5:00pm. The children were observed learning through play in centers, participating in story time, singing, playing instruments and eating snack. Snack consisted of cheese and crackers. A formal observation was completed with the toddlers and Jr. Kindergarten classrooms. The menu was posted. Interviews were held with staff throughout the inspection, and the inspector interacted with children in each classroom when appropriate. All classrooms were inspected today as well as the center's bus.
Seven children?s records and five employee records were reviewed during this inspection. Medication is being administered and was reviewed. The center?s injury prevention plan was updated 11/12/2019.
The center's first aid kit and emergency supplies were inspected.
Last emergency drill: 01/16/2020
Last shelter-in-place drill: 01/14/2020
Last fire inspection: 09/9/2019
Last health inspection: 08/12/2019
Today, the following child to staff ratios were observed:
Infants - 6:2
Toddlers ? 7:2
Twos - 12:2
Threes - 13:2
Jr. K ? 11:2
Clubhouse 1 - 9:1
Clubhouse 2 - 9:1
The violations from the previous inspections were checked for corrections. There were no repeat violations found during today?s inspection.
If you have any questions about this inspection, please contact the licensing inspector, Kandra Brown, at (804) 662-9038.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-60-A Description: Based on observation, the center did not ensure six of seven children's records had all required documentation.
1. The record of child #1 (start date: 9/17/18) did not have documentation of child updates and confirmation of up to date information.
2. The record of child #2 (start date: 7/05/16) did not have documentation of child updates and confirmation of up to date information.
3. The record of child #3 (start date: 2/06/17) did not have documentation of child updates and confirmation of up to date information.
4. The record of child #4 (start date: 9/1/18) did not have documentation of child updates and confirmation of up to date information.
5. The record of child #6 (start date: 10/24/12) did not have documentation of child updates and confirmation of up to date information.
6. The record of child #7 (start date: 12/03/12) did not have documentation of child updates and confirmation of up to date information.
Plan of Correction: We will get updated information from parents every year in January.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.
Virginia Quality is a voluntary quality rating and improvement system for early care and education facilities serving children ages birth through pre-K. To find programs participating in Virginia Quality, click here.