Chesapeake Montessori School
2013 Scenic Parkway
Chesapeake, VA 23323
Current Inspector: Heather Harrell (757) 334-4329
Inspection Date: Feb. 26, 2020
Complaint Related: No
- Areas Reviewed:
22VAC40-185 STAFF QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING.
22VAC40-185 PHYSICAL PLANT.
22VAC40-185 STAFFING AND SUPERVISION.
22VAC40-185 SPECIAL CARE PROVISIONS AND EMERGENCIES.
22VAC40-185 SPECIAL SERVICES.
22VAC40-191 Background Checks (22VAC40-191)
63.2(17) License & Registration Procedures
63.2 Facilities & Programs.
- Technical Assistance:
The out of state central registry search process was discussed during the inspection.
An unannounced monitoring inspection was conducted on 2/26/20 from 1:35pm until 3:55pm. At the time of entrance, there were 84 children in care with 14 staff. A sample of 8 children's records and 8 staff records were reviewed. Children were observed engaging in afternoon learning activities and resting quietly during nap time. Restroom, hand washing and parent pick-up procedures were also observed. Medication, first aid and emergency supplies, the emergency preparedness plan, documentation of emergency practice drills, children's injury reports and center postings were reviewed. Two violations in the area of administration are identified on the violation notice and were discussed with administrative staff during the exit interview.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-130-A Description: Based on record review and interview, the center did not ensure that documentation that each child has received the immunizations required by the State Board of Health is obtained before the child can attend the center.
1. Child 1 has a date of enrollment of 8/26/19 and documentation of immunizations were not obtained until 10/18/19.
2. Child 2 has a date of enrollment of 8/27/18 and documentation of immunizations were not obtained until 9/6/18.
3. Child 3 has a date of enrollment of 8/26/19 and documentation of immunizations were not obtained until 9/5/19.
4. Administrative staff confirmed that documentation of immunizations for child 1, child 2 and child 3 were obtained after the first date of attendance at the center.
Plan of Correction: The center responded with the following: Administrative staff will ensure documentation of immunizations are obtained for all children prior to or by their first day of attendance.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-140-A Description: Based on record review and interview, the center did not ensure that each child shall have a physical examination by or under the direction of a physician before the child's attendance or within one month after attendance.
1. Child 1 has a date of enrollment of 8/26/19. Documentation of a physical examination was not obtained by the center until 10/18/19, which is more than 30 days after attendance.
2. Administrative staff confirmed that documentation of a physical exam for child 1 was not obtained within 30 days of attendance.
Plan of Correction: The center responded with the following: Administrative staff will ensure all health record information is obtained within the required timeframes.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.
Virginia Quality is a voluntary quality rating and improvement system for early care and education facilities serving children ages birth through pre-K. To find programs participating in Virginia Quality, click here.