La Petite Academy-Ashburn
20110 Ashburn Village Boulevard
Ashburn, VA 20147
Current Inspector: Maria Robles-Lopez (703) 397-3827
Inspection Date: March 17, 2020
Complaint Related: No
- Areas Reviewed:
22VAC40-185 STAFF QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING.
22VAC40-185 PHYSICAL PLANT.
22VAC40-185 STAFFING AND SUPERVISION.
22VAC40-185 SPECIAL CARE PROVISIONS AND EMERGENCIES.
22VAC40-191 Background Checks (22VAC40-191)
- Technical Assistance:
Technical assistance was provided on the emergency preparedness plan.
An unannounced renewal inspection was conducted from approximately 12:30 pm - 3:00 pm. During the inspection, 51 children were in direct care of 5 staff members. Ratios were in compliance. Children were observed during nap time and infants were observed playing with toys and crawling. The center was clean, organized and contained a varied supply of developmentally appropriate materials. A selection of 5 staff and 4 children records were reviewed. The physical space, evacuation drills, attendance records, a sampling of medications, required posted documents, emergency supplies and the Emergency Preparedness Plan were also reviewed. Areas of non-compliance are identified in the violation notice. If you have any questions regarding this inspection, please contact the Licensing Inspector, Maria Robles at email@example.com.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-70-A Description: Based on record review, it was determined that 1 out of 5 staff records did not contain all required information.
1) The records for Staff 5 (doh 12/20/2019) did not contain documentation that two or more references as to character and reputation as well as competency were checked before employment.
Plan of Correction: We will complete the reference check immediately.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-240-D-5 Description: Based on record review and interview, the center did not ensure that at least one staff member on duty has obtained instruction in performing the daily health observation of children.
1) The daily health observation training for Staff 5 was dated 03/15/2017.
2) The director could not provide to the Licensing Inspector documentation to demonstrate that at least one staff member had completed the required daily health observation of children training.
Plan of Correction: I am already enrolled for the course.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-420-E-3 Description: Based on record review, it was determined that 2 out of 4 children's files did not contain all required information.
1) The records for Child 2 and Child 4 did not contain parent confirmation, at least annually, that the required information in the child's record is up to date. The most recent confirmation for Child 2's record was dated 02/08/2018. The most recent confirmation for Child 4's record was dated 12/28/2017.
Plan of Correction: We will ask the parents to update the information.
Standard #: 22VAC40-191-60-C-2 Description: Based on record review and interview, it was determined that 1 out of 5 staff records did not contain a central registry finding within 30 days of employment.
1) The record for Staff 5 (doh 12/30/2019) did not contain a central registry finding.
2) The new director stated that the central registry check has not been done.
Plan of Correction: We will send it out immediately.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.Virginia Quality is a voluntary quality rating and improvement system for early care and education facilities serving children ages birth through pre-K. Eligible child care facilities must be fully licensed, licensed exempt and a VDSS subsidy vendor, or a voluntary registered day home and a VDSS subsidy vendor. Only programs enrolled in Virginia Quality will display a rating. Virginia Quality contact information for your region is available at the following link Regional Contacts.