Creative Kids Child Development Center 2 LLC
8582 Pocahontas Trail
Williamsburg, VA 23185
Current Inspector: Christine Mahan (757) 404-0568
Inspection Date: Feb. 25, 2020
Complaint Related: Yes
- Areas Reviewed:
22VAC40-185 STAFF QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING.
22VAC40-185 STAFFING AND SUPERVISION.
22VAC40-191 Background Checks (22VAC40-191)
63.2(17) License & Registration Procedures
63.2 Facilities & Programs.
The licensing inspectors conducted an unannounced complaint inspection on 02/25/2020 between 8:00 am to 9:32 am in response to a complaint that was received by licensing on 01/30/2020 related to allegations in the area of programs of the standards. During the inspection, the licensing staff conducted interviews with staff, completed observations at the center, reviewed staff and children records, and other pertinent documentation. An additional interview was conducted on 02/27/2020. The preponderance of the evidence gathered during the investigation does not support the allegation; therefore, the complaint is determined to be not valid.Though not a part of the original complaint, there were violations found during the inspection regarding background checks. See the violation notice for more details.If you have any questions about this inspection, please contact the licensing inspector, Tiffany Harris at 757-403-3045.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-40-E Complaint related: No Description: Based on interviews, review of enrollment documentation, and photograph, the center dd not ensure center's activities comply with the center's own policies.
1. Interview with staff confirmed Child#1 was transported in their personal vehicle to school by Individual#1 on 01/30/2020.
2. A review of center's policy agreement states "no child/children will be released to any person other than those listed" on the transportation form.
3. A review of Child#1's form does not list Individual#1 as an authorized adult allowed to transport, pick up, or drop off Child#1.
4. Exhibit#1 a photograph of Child#1's transportation form listed authorized adults for transport signed by parent. Individual #1 was not identified.
Plan of Correction: Creative Kids' owner and Director will make sure that only the vehicle and only the authorized personnel will be able to transport any child in care to and from school of any child care activiites.
Standard #: 63.2(17)-1720.1-A Complaint related: No Description: Based on interviews, observation and review documentation, the center failed to ensure that they do not hire for compensated employment, continue to employ, or permit to serve as a volunteer who will be alone with, in control of, or supervising children any person who is the subject of a founded complaint of child abuse or neglect within the Commonwealth.
1. Child#1, age 9 stated on 01/30/2020 he was transported to school by Individual#1 in her vehicle because" he had to do homework".
2 A collateral confirmed knowledge of Child#1 being transported to school by Individual#1 on 01/30/2020.
3. During interviews with center's staff and observation on 02/25/2020, the following was reported:
a.. On 01/30/2020 Individual#1 was present at the center and assisted Child#1 with homework in the center's office with the door open.
b. On 01/30/2020, Child#1 missed the bus. Individual#1 transported Child#1 to school.
c. Individual#1's is at the center each day in the mornings to ensure staffing is okay.
d. Individual#1 is "my boss" and is the contact person for center's staff during operating hours.
e. Individual #1 was observed by licensing staff at the center during the inspection on 02/25/2020.
4. On 02/27/2020, Individual#1 acknowledged being present at the center on 1/30/2020, assisting Child#1 with homework in the office and transporting Child#1 to school in personal vehicle alone.
5. Office of Background Investigation Central registry document dated 08/20/19 confirmed Individual#1 was subject of a founded complaint of child abuse or neglect within the Commonwealth.
Plan of Correction: Creative Kids' owner and Director will not allow any one without proper credentials to substitute volunteer or substitute volunteer or supervise any child enrolled in the Creative Kids child care program.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.
Virginia Quality is a voluntary quality rating and improvement system for early care and education facilities serving children ages birth through pre-K. To find programs participating in Virginia Quality, click here.