Haygood KinderCare #300940
4621 Crossborough Rd.
Virginia beach, VA 23455
Current Inspector: Heather Harrell (757) 334-4329
Inspection Date: Dec. 10, 2020
Complaint Related: No
- Areas Reviewed:
22VAC40-185 STAFF QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING.
22VAC40-185 PHYSICAL PLANT.
22VAC40-185 STAFFING AND SUPERVISION.
22VAC40-185 SPECIAL CARE PROVISIONS AND EMERGENCIES.
22VAC40-185 SPECIAL SERVICES.
22VAC40-191 Background Checks (22VAC40-191)
63.2(17) License & Registration Procedures
This inspection was conducted by licensing staff using an alternate remote protocol, necessary due to a state of emergency health pandemic declared by the Governor of Virginia.
A renewal inspection was initiated on 12/7/20 and concluded on 12/14/20. The director was contacted by telephone to initiate the inspection. There were 61 children present and 11 staff. The inspector emailed the director a list of items required to complete the inspection. The Inspector reviewed 4 children?s records and 4 staff records submitted by the facility to ensure documentation was complete.
Information gathered during the inspection determined non-compliances with applicable standards or law and violations were documented on the violation notice issued to the facility.
The Licensing Inspector has reviewed with the provider COVID-19 Essential Guidance for Child Care programs.
Standard #: 63.2(17)-1720.1-B-3 Description: Based on record review and interview, the center did not ensure that staff who have lived outside of the state of Virginia within the past 5 years obtain a central registry check from that state.
1. Staff 1 has a hire date of 9/30/19. Staff 1 indicated on her sworn statement or affirmation that she has resided in the states of Hawaii, South Carolina and Connecticut within the past five years. There is no documentation that a request for an out of state central registry check was sent to Hawaii, South Carolina or Connecticut for staff 1.
2. Staff 2 has a hire date of 11/2/20. Staff 2 indicated on her sworn statement or affirmation that she has resided in the state of New York within the past five years. There is no documentation that a request for an out of state central registry check was sent to New York for staff 2.
3. Staff 1 (center director) confirmed that the out-of-state central registry search results for staff 1 and staff 2 could not be located during the inspection.
Plan of Correction: The center responded with the following: The out-of-state central registry search requests for staff 1 and staff 2 are in the process of being resubmitted. Once received, the results will be placed in each staff's record. Going forward, the center will ensure that all required out-of-state background searches are completed within the required timeframes.
Standard #: 63.2(17)-1720.1-B-4 Description: Based on record review and interview, the center failed to obtain a copy of the results of a sex offender registry check from any state in which the individual has resided in the preceding five years.
1. Staff 2 has a hire date of 11/2/20. Staff 2 indicated on her sworn statement or affirmation that she has resided in the state of New York within the past five years. The results of a sex offender registry check were not available for staff 2 from the state of New York.
2. The center director confirmed that a sex offender registry check from the state of New York had not been obtained prior to staff 1's employment.
Plan of Correction: The center responded with the following: The sex offender registry search for staff 2 has been completed and placed in staff 2's record. Going forward, the center will ensure that all required out-of-state background searches are completed within the required timeframes.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.
Virginia Quality is a voluntary quality rating and improvement system for early care and education facilities serving children ages birth through pre-K. To find programs participating in Virginia Quality, click here.