Bright Horizons at Commerce Metro
11400 Commerce Park Drive
Reston, VA 20191
Current Inspector: Jessica Willis (571) 352-1453
Inspection Date: Feb. 11, 2021
Complaint Related: No
- Areas Reviewed:
22VAC40-185 STAFF QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING.
22VAC40-185 PHYSICAL PLANT.
22VAC40-185 STAFFING AND SUPERVISION.
22VAC40-185 SPECIAL CARE PROVISIONS AND EMERGENCIES.
22VAC40-185 SPECIAL SERVICES.
22VAC40-191 Background Checks (22VAC40-191)
63.2(17) License & Registration Procedures
This inspection was conducted by licensing staff using an alternate remote protocol, necessary due to a state of emergency health pandemic declared by the Governor of Virginia.
A renewal inspection was initiated on 2/11/2021 and concluded on 2/11/2021. The director was contacted by telephone to initiate the inspection and the inspection was completed using FaceTime. There were 29 children present and 6 staff. The Inspector reviewed 3 children?s records and 3 staff records submitted by the facility to ensure documentation was complete. Information gathered during the inspection determined non-compliance with applicable standards or law and violations were documented on the violation notice issued to the facility.
The Licensing Inspector has reviewed with the provider COVID-19 Essential Guidance for Child Care programs.
Standard #: 63.2(17)-1720.1-B-4 Description: Based on record review and staff interview, the center did not obtain a copy of the results of a child abuse and neglect registry search from any state in which the employee has resided in the preceding five years by the 30th day of employment, and a sex offender registry check from any state in which the employee has resided in the preceding five years by the deadline of December 31, 2020.
1. Documentation in the record for Staff #1 (date of hire: 3/2/2020) indicated they have resided outside of the state of Virginia within the past 5 years.
2. Results of a search of the central registry for the state of Maryland were obtained on 06/03/2020, more than 30 days after the date of hire for Staff #1.
3. The center documented that the central registry search request was mailed on 3/9/2020. There was no documentation that the center followed up with the state of Maryland regarding the search 45 days after the request to search.
4. The center acknowledged a follow-up was not completed because the center was temporarily closed.
5. There was no documentation of a sex offender registry search for the state of Maryland in the record for Staff #1.
6. The center acknowledged the sex offender registry search for Staff #1 was not completed.
Plan of Correction: The center will provide documentation that the state of Maryland sex offender registry search for Staff #1 was completed within 10 business days.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.
Virginia Quality is a voluntary quality rating and improvement system for early care and education facilities serving children ages birth through pre-K. To find programs participating in Virginia Quality, click here.