Chesterbrook Academy #829
23651 Strickland Drive
Ashburn, VA 20148
Current Inspector: Lisa Hudson (571) 389-2459
Inspection Date: June 23, 2021
Complaint Related: No
- Areas Reviewed:
22VAC40-185 STAFFING AND SUPERVISION.
A self reported incident was reported regarding supervision of children. This investigation was conducted by licensing staff using an alternate remote protocol, necessary due to a state of emergency health pandemic declared by the Governor of Virginia. Staff interviews were conducted and staff recordation and the center's own video recording were reviewed. After carefully interviewing all involved parties, a valid finding was determined. If you have any questions, please e-mail me at email@example.com
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-340-F Description: Based on staff statements and the center's own video recording, children under 10 were not in sight/sound supervision.
1. On 06/17/2021, five children (3 years of age) were left unsupervised for approximately 24 seconds in the intermediate classroom.
2. Staff #1 was observed leaving the intermediate classroom directly after Staff #2 left the classroom, leaving 5 children unsupervised.
3. Staff #2 returned to the Intermediate classroom approximately 24 seconds later and found the 5 children unsupervised
4. Staff #1 stated that she left the classroom and went to the kitchen to bake cookies for "cookie day".
Plan of Correction: 1. Staff meeting to retrain on the following:
-Face to name
- Tadpoles/Transition Procedures
-Bathroom Break Procedures
- within two weeks
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.
Virginia Quality is a voluntary quality rating and improvement system for early care and education facilities serving children ages birth through pre-K. To find programs participating in Virginia Quality, click here.