Childtime Childcare, Inc. - Sailboat
2510 Sailboat Drive
Midlothian, VA 23112
Current Inspector: NeShara Gaston (540) 280-0742
Inspection Date: Aug. 26, 2021 and Aug. 27, 2021
Complaint Related: No
- Areas Reviewed:
22VAC40-185 STAFF QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING.
22VAC40-185 PHYSICAL PLANT.
22VAC40-185 STAFFING AND SUPERVISION.
22VAC40-185 SPECIAL CARE PROVISIONS AND EMERGENCIES.
22VAC40-185 SPECIAL SERVICES.
22VAC40-191 Background Checks (22VAC40-191)
63.2(17) License & Registration Procedures
This inspection was conducted by licensing staff using an alternate remote protocol, including telephone contacts, documents review, interviews and a virtual tour of the program.
A renewal inspection was initiated on August 26, 2021 and concluded on August 27, 2021. The director was contacted by telephone and a virtual inspection was conducted. There were 67 children present, ranging in ages from five months to five years, with ten staff supervising. The inspector reviewed compliance in the areas of administration, physical plant, staffing and supervision, programming, medication, special care and emergencies and nutrition. A total of five child records and seven staff records were reviewed. Background checks were reviewed for four board officers/ agents.
Information gathered during the inspection determined non-compliance with applicable standards or law and violations were documented on the violation notice issued to the program.
Standard #: 63.2(17)-1720.1-B-4 Description: Based on review of staff records and interview, the center did not obtain an out of state child abuse and neglect search request by the end of the 30th day of employment.
1. The sworn statement indicated staff #3 (hired 07/26/2021) lived out side the state of Virginia in the past five years.
2. Staff #3 did not have documentation that an out of state child abuse and neglect search had been conducted exceeding 30 days from hire.
3. The administrator stated an out of state child abuse and neglect search had not been conducted for staff #3.
4. The sworn statement indicated staff #5 (hired 06/07/2021) lived out side the state of Virginia in the past five years.
5. Staff #5 did not have documentation that an out of state child abuse and neglect search had been conducted exceeding 30 days from hire.
6. The administrator stated an out of state child abuse and neglect search had not been conducted for staff #5.
Plan of Correction: Per the administrator: I have reviewed the requirements with the licensing inspector and now have a clear understanding of the expectations. I will request the missing information today and provide documentation to the department within 10 days.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.
Virginia Quality is a voluntary quality rating and improvement system for early care and education facilities serving children ages birth through pre-K. To find programs participating in Virginia Quality, click here.