KinderCare Learning Center #301094
9749 Main Street
Fairfax, VA 22031
Current Inspector: Karen Dickens (571) 423-6978
Inspection Date: Jan. 19, 2022
Complaint Related: No
- Areas Reviewed:
8VAC20-780 STAFF QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING.
8VAC20-780 Physical plant.
8VAC20-780 STAFFING AND SUPERVISION.
8VAC20-780 Special care provisions and emergencies.
8VAC20-820 THE LICENSE.
8VAC20-770 Background Checks (22VAC40-191)
22.1 Early Childhood Care and Education
63.2 Child Abuse & Neglect
An unannounced monitoring inspection was conducted from 9:45 am-12:00. There were a total of 70 children with 16 direct staff members present. Children were observed engaged in group activities, playing in centers, and dramatic play. A selection of staff and children records, medications and other documents were reviewed. Areas of non-compliance are identified in the violation notice. Please contact me if you have any questions Karen.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Standard #: 22.1-289-036-B-4 Description: Based on record review and interview, the center did not obtain a copy of the results of a criminal history record information check, a sex offender registry check, and a search of the child abuse and neglect registry or equivalent registry from any state in which the individual has resided in the preceding five years prior to the first day of employment.
1. Staff #4 (Date of hire-12/27/2021) lived in the state of North Carolina in the past 5 years according to a Sworn Disclosure Statement dated 12/27/2021. Staff #4's record did not contain documentation of a sex offender registry search for the state of North Carolina prior to the first day of employment.
2. Staff #5 (Date of hire-10/01/2021) lived in the state of Maryland in the past 5 years according to a Sworn Disclosure Statement dated 10/01/2021. Staff #5's record did not contain documentation of a sex offender registry search for the state of Maryland prior to the first day of employment.
3. Staff #6 confirmed that Staff #4 and Staff #5 did not have documentation of a sex offender registry search in the records.
Plan of Correction: A sex offender registry search was conducted for Staff members during the time of the inspection. There were no results for the staff members and the documentation was filed.
Standard #: 8VAC20-780-270-A Description: Based on observation, areas and equipment of the center, inside and outside, were not maintained in a clean, safe and operable condition.
1. In the Toddler's classroom, a vinyl couch in the home living area had a dime sized hole at the top of the back cushion, six tears in the seat. and a tear in the right arm of the couch.
2. In the Pre-K classroom, there were three 2-3 inches of peeling paint on the wall in the home living area.
Plan of Correction: The couch was removed from the classroom during the time of the inspection. An order has been put in to paint the wall of the Pre-K classroom. The peeling paint will be corrected.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.
Virginia Quality is a voluntary quality rating and improvement system for early care and education facilities serving children ages birth through pre-K. To find programs participating in Virginia Quality, click here.