Campagna Center - Alexandria Head Start - FUMC
3900 King Street
Alexandria, VA 22302
Current Inspector: Cynthia Ford (703) 479-4679
Inspection Date: March 1, 2022
Complaint Related: No
- Areas Reviewed:
8VAC20-780 STAFF QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING.
8VAC20-780 Physical plant.
8VAC20-780 STAFFING AND SUPERVISION.
8VAC20-780 Special care provisions and emergencies.
8VAC20-780 SPECIAL SERVICES.
8VAC20-820 THE LICENSE.
- Technical Assistance:
Discussed Accident Reports and Updating Injury Prevention Plan. Also discussed adding in new requirements under Orientation Training for Staff.
An unannounced Renewal Inspection was conducted by using the in person component. The Program has one group and today there were 18 children with 3 staff actively supervising them. The Inspector reviewed children's records, staff training and information, observed the physical plant, and checked Special Care and Emergency Procedures. The Program was observed entering into the classroom from the outside and hand washing with staff was also observed. Please call with questions 703-479-4679
Standard #: 8VAC20-780-60-A-7 Description: Based on record review, it was determined that one of two children with listed allergies, does not have a written plan of action to take in an emergency situation.
1. Child #2 has food allergy listed in the file but has a note from physician that medication is not needed in the center. It does not say what the center should do in an emergency situation.
Plan of Correction: We will discuss with the parent.
Standard #: 8VAC20-780-60-A-8 Description: Based on record review and interviews it was determined the center has not maintained a written care plan for each child with a diagnosed food allergy, to include instructions from a physician regarding the food to which the child is allergic and the steps to be taken in the event of a suspected or confirmed allergic reaction.
1. Child #1 has written plan for emergency medication administration but does not have a written plan to address if the child is exposed to the allergen.
2. Child #2 has a documented food allergy by the physician but nothing indicating what the center should do in the event of a suspected or confirmed allergic reaction.
Plan of Correction: We will request plans of action.
Standard #: 8VAC20-780-240-C Description: Based on interviews and record review, it was determined the program did not include Cross Contamination of food in the Orientation training of staff.
1. Center has two children enrolled with food allergies that document they need to have alternative choices. The program does not have a written plan that addresses how staff prepare and/or serve food without allowing cross contamination of alternative choices.
2. Staff were asked about it and didn't realize there was a plan required for avoiding cross contamination.
Plan of Correction: We will create this plan and document the training.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.
Virginia Quality is a voluntary quality rating and improvement system for early care and education facilities serving children ages birth through pre-K. To find programs participating in Virginia Quality, click here.