All About Children
931 GlenRock Road
Norfolk, VA 23502
Current Inspector: Kimberly Sampson (757) 354-7307
Complaint Related: No
Standard #: 8VAC20-780-260-A Description: Based on record review and interview it was determined the center could not provide to the licensing representative an annual fire inspection report from the appropriate fire official having jurisdiction.
1. The last fire inspection was dated 7/22/2020.
2. Staff confirmed that there was no other documentation available during this inspection.
Plan of Correction: Staff will request an updated fire inspection.
Standard #: 8VAC20-780-270-A Description: Based on observation it was determined the center did not ensure that all areas and equipment of the center, inside and outside, were maintained in a clean, safe and operable condition.
1. There was peeling paint and exposed rust in the restroom in the Lil' Rascals classroom.
2. There was peeling paint, broken drywall, and cove base separated from the wall in the Pooh n' Friends classroom.
3. There was splintered wood on the front of the sink, and broken drywall in the back of the room in the Sesame Street classroom.
4. The tricycle on the playground was missing pedals.
5. The seesaw on the playground was rusted.
Plan of Correction: Staff will fix, repair, or remove the areas and items noted during the inspection.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.
Virginia Quality is a voluntary quality rating and improvement system for early care and education facilities serving children ages birth through pre-K. To find programs participating in Virginia Quality, click here.