Ivy School House LLC
1005 Heathercroft Circle
Crozet, VA 22932
Current Inspector: Beth Orebaugh (540) 847-9173
Inspection Date: May 16, 2022
Complaint Related: No
- Areas Reviewed:
8VAC20-780 Staffing and Supervision
8VAC20-780 Special Service
- Technical Assistance:
A supplemental page was provided.
Thank you for your time and assistance with the unannounced on-site monitoring inspection conducted on May 16, 2022. The findings were reviewed with staff on May 16, 2022. At the time of arrival there were 18 children present, ranging in age from 5 months to 2 years and in the care of 5 staff members. The inspection was in response to a self-reported incident received in the Valley Licensing Office on May 13, 2022. There were four staff interviewed. Two children's records were reviewed.
Information gathered during the inspection determined non-complaint related non-compliances with applicable standards or law and the violations were documented on the violation notice issued to the program.
If you have any questions, the licensing inspector may be contacted at (540) 280-0742.
Standard #: 8VAC20-780-60-A Description: Based on review of two children?s records and verification from staff, one child?s record did not contain the names of two designated people to call in case of an emergency and a parent cannot be reached.
1. The record for Child #1 did not contain the name, address and phone number of two emergency contacts that staff could call in case of an emergency and the parent could not be reached.
2. Staff Member #4 confirmed the emergency contacts were not in the child?s file.
Plan of Correction: I received the designated emergency contact information for the child.
Standard #: 8VAC20-780-340-A Description: Based on staff interviews and confirmation from staff, the staff failed to ensure the care and protection of one child.
1. In Classroom A, on May 13, 2022, Staff Member #1 gave a bottle of breast milk labeled with Child #2?s name to Child #1.
2. Staff Member #1 reported that she removed the unlabeled bottle for Child #1 and the labeled bottle for Child #2 from their baskets in the refrigerator and placed them on the counter. After warming the bottle for Child #2, she preceded to give Child #1?s bottle to Child #2 and Child #2?s bottle to Child #1. Child #1 drank all 4 ? ounces of Child #2?s breast milk. Child #2 tried Child #1?s bottle of whole milk, stopped drinking it and put the bottle on the floor. When Staff #3 returned to Classroom A from her lunch break, Staff Members #1, #2 and #3 determined that the bottles had been given to the wrong children.
Plan of Correction: Staff will properly label and date all food items if they are sent in by parents unlabeled.
Staff will double check labels and have another teacher check the label prior to administering any bottle.
Standard #: 8VAC20-780-340-D Description: Based on interviews and confirmation from staff, there was not a staff member who met the qualifications of a program lead present in one classroom.
1. In Classroom A on May 13, 2022 between, 1:52p.m. and 2:46p.m., there were two staff members who did not meet program lead qualifications caring for the 9 children, ranging in age from 5 months through 15 months.
2. Staff Member #4 confirmed that during the time the Program Lead in Classroom A was at lunch, there was not a qualified program lead in the classroom.
Plan of Correction: A lead teacher will remain on the room at all times.
Hired a new teacher who meets requirements.
Standard #: 8VAC20-780-350-B-1 Description: Based on staff interviews and verification from staff, the center failed to meet the correct staff to children ratio of one staff to four children in one classroom.
1. On May 13, 2022 between 1:52p.m. and 2:46p.m., there were 9 children, ranging in age from 5 months through 15 months, in the care of 2 staff members.
2. Staff Member #3 and #4 confirmed that during the time that Staff Member #3 was at lunch, Classroom A was not in the correct staff to children ratio when there were two staff caring for 9 children.
Plan of Correction: Breaks will not be taken until there is a teacher available to relieve them.
To remain in correct staff to child ratio.
Standard #: 8VAC20-780-560-G Description: Based on staff interviews and verification from staff, the drink for one child that was brought from home was not dated or labeled with the child?s name.
1. The bottle of whole milk sent into the center on May 13, 2022 was not labeled with Child #1?s name or the date.
2. Staff Member #1, #2 and #3 all confirmed that the bottle for Child #1 was not labeled with the child?s name.
Plan of Correction: Upon arrival staff members will ensure all items are properly labeled for each child. Staff members will ensure all items are properly labeled.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.
Virginia Quality is a voluntary quality rating and improvement system for early care and education facilities serving children ages birth through pre-K. To find programs participating in Virginia Quality, click here.