L and E Bright Future Child Day Center
3794 Virginia Beach Boulevard
Virginia beach, VA 23452
Current Inspector: Arlene Agustin (804) 629-7519
Inspection Date: June 2, 2022
Complaint Related: No
- Areas Reviewed:
8VAC20-780 Staff Qualifications and Training.
8VAC20-780 Physical Plant.
8VAC20-780 Staffing and Supervision.
8VAC20-780 Special Care Provisions and Emergencies
8VAC20-780 Special Services.
8VAC20-770 Background Checks (8VAC20-770)
20 Access to minor?s records
22.1 Background Checks Code, Carbon Monoxide
63.2 Child Abuse & Neglect
- Technical Assistance:
Physical Plant reviewed.
Staff files reviewed.
Allergy standards reviewed.
An unannounced monitoring inspection was conducted on June 2, 2022. The inspectors arrived at 10:30 AM and departed at approximately 12:30PM. There were 13 children present and six staff. The Inspectors reviewed five children?s records and five staff records. The Inspectors observed staff and children?s interactions throughout the inspection. Children were observed during group activity, free play and lunch. Diapering and handwashing were observed. First aid kits and emergency preparedness documents were observed. The transportation vehicle was observed. Information gathered during the inspection determined non-compliance with applicable standards or law and violations were documented. The violations are listed on the violation notice issued to the center and were reviewed with the center?s director at the exit interview.
Standard #: 8VAC20-780-270-A Description: Based on observation and interview, it was determined that the center did not ensure that the areas and equipment of the center be maintained in a safe and operable condition.
1. There is visible peeling paint along the handrail of the stairs in the playground. Pieces of the paint were observed on the ground of the children?s play area and in reach of children.
2. There is visible peeling paint on the exterior door of the toddler room leading to the playground area.
3. The plastic toddler bike has a four inch crack on the handlebars which poses a pinching hazard.
4. The center?s director, Staff #1, confirmed the peeling paint on the handrail and door. Staff #1 immediately threw away the toddler bike during the time of the inspection.
Plan of Correction: The center responded with the following: The center?s director currently has a work order for the door and handrail to be painted this month of June. The toddler bike was disposed of at the time of the inspection.
Standard #: 8VAC20-780-500-A Description: Based on observation and interview, it was determined that the center did not ensure that children's hands shall be washed after toileting and any contact with blood, feces, or urine.
1. Staff #2 did not wash Child #1?s hands after diapering.
2. Staff #2 confirmed that she did not wash Child #1?s hands after changing their diaper.
Plan of Correction: The center responded with the following: The center?s director, Staff #1, will reinforce the importance of hand washing after toileting to all staff members.
Standard #: 8VAC20-780-550-I Description: Based on observation and interview, it was determined that the center did not ensure that 911 or local dial number for police, fire and emergency medical services and the number of the regional poison control center be posted in a visible place at each telephone.
1. Both landlines in the center did not have emergency numbers posted and visible at each telephone.
2. The center?s director, Staff #1, confirmed that the emergency numbers were not posted in a visible place at each telephone.
Plan of Correction: The center responded with the following: The center?s director will post all required emergency numbers visible at each telephone.
Standard #: 8VAC20-780-580-C Description: 8VAC20-780-580. C.5.
Based on observation and interview, it was determined that the center did not ensure that during transportation of children information including: emergency numbers; the center's name, address, and phone number and a list of the names of the children being transported be included in the transportation vehicle.
1. The center?s vehicle currently transporting children to and from school, did not have emergency numbers, the center?s name/address/phone number nor a list of the names of the children being transported in the vehicle.
2. Staff #1 confirmed that there was no information in the transportation vehicle as required by licensing standards.
Plan of Correction: The center responded with the following: All required information will be placed in the transportation vehicle immediately.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.
Virginia Quality is a voluntary quality rating and improvement system for early care and education facilities serving children ages birth through pre-K. To find programs participating in Virginia Quality, click here.