46386 Logan Way
Sterling, VA 20165
Current Inspector: Stacy Doyle (571) 835-0386
Inspection Date: July 5, 2022
Complaint Related: No
- Areas Reviewed:
8VAC20-780 Staff Qualifications and Training.
8VAC20-780 Physical Plant.
8VAC20-780 Staffing and Supervision.
8VAC20-780 Special Care Provisions and Emergencies
8VAC20-780 Special Services.
8VAC20-820 THE LICENSE.
8VAC20-820 THE LICENSING PROCESS.
8VAC20-770 Background Checks (8VAC20-770)
22.1 Background Checks Code, Carbon Monoxide
63.2 Child Abuse & Neglect
- Technical Assistance:
Discussed cleaning products must be labeled and kept locked when not in use.
An announced initial was conducted on 7/05/2022 from 11:00am to 12:38pm. The site was clean, organized and contained developmentally appropriate materials. One staff member?s background checks were reviewed. The physical space, emergency supplies, crib documentation, injury prevention plan, playground safety procedures and emergency preparedness plan were reviewed. Areas of non-compliance are identified in the violation notice. Please contact me if you have any questions at Stacy.Doyle@doe.virginia.gov or 571-835-0386.
Standard #: 8VAC20-780-270-A Description: Based on observation, areas and equipment inside and outside were not maintained in a safe and operable condition.
1. A blue children's sofa had holes in two corners in the Junior Kindergarten classroom.
2. A red sofa and chair had 2 holes on each one in the Lion's class.
3. In the indoor play space, ten play mats had holes on each one of them.
4. In the Elephant classroom, a rug border was missing approximately 12 inches long and also on the corner of the rug near the star.
5. On the playground, 5 tricycles had rust on the body.
Plan of Correction: All cushions have been removed and discarded. We will find alternative play and seating furniture.
Standard #: 8VAC20-780-280-B Description: Based on observation, Hazardous substances such as cleaning materials were not kept in a locked place using a safe locking method that prevents access by children.
1. In the elephant classroom, a spray bottle with cleaning spray was under the sink in an unlocked cabinet.
Plan of Correction: A new child lock was installed on the cabinet.
Standard #: 8VAC20-780-440-H Description: Based on observation, three cribs at the center did not meet the minimum requirements.
1. One crib in the Koala Bears young infant class was manufactured 3/2011 and did not meet the federal safety commission standards at the time they were manufacture.
2. Two cribs in the Koala Bears mobile infant class were manufactured 3/2011 and did not meet the new federal safety commission standards at the time they were manufactured.
Plan of Correction: All three cribs have been removed and discarded.
Standard #: 8VAC20-780-500-B Description: Based on observation, the center did not have a leakproof or plastic lined storage system that is either foot-operated or used in such a way that neither the staff member's hand or the soiled diaper touches an exterior of the storage system during disposal.
1. In the grizzly panda classroom, the classroom had a trashcan with a swinging lid for disposable diapers and did not have a foot operated storage system.
Plan of Correction: Foot-operated diaper genies were installed immediately.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.
Virginia Quality is a voluntary quality rating and improvement system for early care and education facilities serving children ages birth through pre-K. To find programs participating in Virginia Quality, click here.