Hunter Mill Country Day School, INC.
2021 Hunter Mill Road
Vienna, VA 22181
Current Inspector: Tameika King (804) 629-7486
Inspection Date: July 8, 2022
Complaint Related: No
- Areas Reviewed:
8VAC20-780 Staff Qualifications and Training.
8VAC20-780 Physical Plant.
8VAC20-780 Staffing and Supervision.
8VAC20-780 Special Care Provisions and Emergencies
8VAC20-780 Special Services.
8VAC20-820 THE LICENSE.
8VAC20-820 THE LICENSING PROCESS.
8VAC20-770 Background Checks (8VAC20-770)
22.1 Background Checks Code, Carbon Monoxide
63.2 Child Abuse & Neglect
- Technical Assistance:
Discussed with provider
Maintenance of physical plant
Today an unannounced Monitoring Inspection took place between approximately 9:50 a.m. and 12:40 p.m. There were 6 classrooms observed with a total of 48 children with 10 staff within the supervision guidelines. The children were observed eating morning snack, playing with magnets, preparing to paint rocks, playing on the playground and other organized activities. A complete inspection of the physical plant, children and staff records, fire drill log, medication and emergency procedures were observed during this inspection. Information gathered during the inspection determined non-compliance with applicable standards or law and violations were documented on the violation notice issued to the program. If you have any questions, please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your cooperation during the inspection.
Standard #: 8VAC20-780-70 Description: Based on record review, not all staff had a name, address, and telephone number of a person to be notified in an emergency which shall be kept at the center.
1. Staff #1, Staff #2, and Staff #5 were each missing an address for their emergency contact.
Plan of Correction: I will get the addresses from the staff today
Standard #: 8VAC20-780-270-A Description: Based on observation, areas and equipment of the center, inside and outside, were not maintained in a clean, safe and operable condition.
1. In the Fireflies classroom, there was a hole in the drywall under the bulletin board and multiple areas of chipped paint on the walls and baseboards throughout the classroom.
2. In the Grasshoppers classroom, there was chipped paint on the wall by the window, two areas of chipped paint on the wall by the closet and chipped paint on the wall beneath the desk.
3. On the playground, there was a hole in the roof of the wooden house structure.
4. On the playground, there was splintered wood on the second riser of the steps leading to the wooden house structure.
5. On the Natural Playground, there was splintered wood on the picnic table.
6. On the Two?s playground, there was splintered wood on the border of the sandbox.
7. On the Two?s playground, there was a broken plastic handle with jagged edges on the play kitchen door.
Plan of Correction: I will call the painter and schedule the classrooms to be repainted. We will repair or replace the splintered wood. I will throw out the play kitchen.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.